how to play kennen and is kennen viable in ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xDiamantx

07-24-2010

Keenen needs a buff but I think he does good as a ranged dps.

Woozl

07-24-2010

Kennen is great, if you aren't a terribad noob who can't skillshot. Max Q, harass to no end. Buy Magic Pen and a Rylais. Done deal.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-24-2010

tank kennen

his damage is pretty pisspoor unless he's fed, so build like a tank and play like a stunbot

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-24-2010

i personally believe that kennen is UP. his Q is slow moving, has a small hit box, does not even go beyond the target radius unlike other skill shots, has a long cooldown during the early levels, consumes a substantial amount of energy, deals pathetic damage as compared to other skill shots and although it has the best AP ratio amongst all the other skills, it still deals piss poor damage. his E consumes a large amount of energy, deals half damage to minions, and does not deal that much damage when the game gets a little late not to mention the increase in speed isn't that much and he'll probably only get a distance of roughly 1200units before it goes of. oh and he cant attack nor cast Q in that state. and his R has one of the worst AP ratios I've seen on an ultimate ability, it only gives one mark regardless of how many times hit AND has a limited number of shots. this wouldn't be so bad in small games, but on 5v5s, there is even a chance of someone not getting hit at all! his only redeeming skill IMHO is his E. it procs similar to TF and Yi and gives you a sure chance of passing around marks as long as the target was already marked to begin with. i don't know what riot was thinking making this character 6.3kIP worth but i seriously regret purchasing him. at most he seems only like a 3k or a 1.3k char.

Deusvar

07-25-2010

The point is that kennen is difficult to play, impossible to master.

I wouldn't recommend him in ranked.

EkoAbAu5SLTpRd5y

07-25-2010

I build him dps (focusing expecially on AS) usually, cause his stats are awesome:
Kennen stats @ 18:
HP 1825
AS 1.281
AD 111
AR 81.5
Range 575

Ashe stats @ 18:
HP 1781
AS 1.261
AD 98
AR 70.5
Range 600

There's no point, imho, in building him fully AP since his ratios are so meh. Besides, E and R can be used only on short range, in teamfights even if you spam Q you usually won't be able to hit anyone else than the tank, and W depends on the formers skills to be useful.
I like him, although he's definitely low tier, and I think he needs to be buffed (for instance, some damage reduction when using ulti or lightning rush, or increase AP ratio, or make his Q scale also with AD).

GiGoLoW

07-25-2010

i got over 150wins with Kennen, and would say hes viable.
The AP ratios could be a bit better, but you should play him as a AP caster.

Some people cry "meh he needs to be in the middle of a fight to make some serious dmg"

Yeah thats right but play with some brain, let a teammate initiate the fight and go in as third or maybe second.

Stack some Magic Pen helps alot.

I usually get
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise

the rest is depending on how the game goes.

His strength is the Early to Mid so make the best out of it and harass like hell.
You can handle with him the Mid lane or a Solo against 2 Guys.
Just play smart stay out of range of the enemy, hit them with you Q and W
You got a huge range so use it.

Btw hes very fun to play!