Two or Three tanks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwiftWrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

I've been having trouble playing against teams that have two or three tanks lately. I primarily play AD carries and lately most teams I play on are easily overwhelmed by a team with more than one tank.

I imagine this has been complained about before (sorry, I don't visit the forums often) but I believe the problem is primarily due to Warmogs. There aren't any AD items (or AP items to my knowledge) that stack with minion kills. There also aren't any AD items that don't lose their stacks upon death.

Now I am aware that the idea behind Warmog's Armor is to allow a tank to "do his job" and end up with more deaths than his team without becoming severely weakened upon death. This usually seems fine when there is one tank. The problem seems to compound when you add in more than one tank with Warmog's. Suddenly there are two (or more) characters that are nearly impossible to damage (even if I've got full AD build: Inf Edge, Last Whisper, Phantom Dancer, etc. If I have a stacked Bloodthirster or two I'm probably fine, but it's so easy to lose those bonuses, and they certainly don't stack from minion kills or assists). On top of that, they can stack Atma's and essentially become massive damage dealers as well.

Does anyone know good counters to this? I may just not be seeing the big picture, but it feels like tanks are maybe a little too well-rounded at the moment. Is 2-3 tanks just becoming the new meta?

Diminished

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Madred's bloodrazor was made to counter warmog and hp tanks.

Fluffy Tails

02-09-2012

Also, Last Whisper is also good for armor tanks... Black Cleaver too

SavageWolves

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftWrath View Post
Does anyone know good counters to this? I may just not be seeing the big picture, but it feels like tanks are maybe a little too well-rounded at the moment. Is 2-3 tanks just becoming the new meta?
What do you mean "new meta?" It's been around for a while. These tanks you are referring to are not true tanks, but bruisers. You will usually see at least two in a typical "meta" type game. The jungler and the solo will probably be bruisers. The mid may be as well (though unlikely) and the support will usually get pretty tanky if they get enough gold.

And BTW, Atma's Impaler passive does not stack. What gave you that idea?

-Savage

Digitality

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftWrath View Post
If I have a stacked Bloodthirster or two I'm probably fine, but it's so easy to lose those bonuses, and they certainly don't stack from minion kills

Yes, they certainly do.

SleepyDeath

02-09-2012

if the other team has 2 or 3 'tanks' as you call them (they are probably tanky dpsers) and you want to play an ad carry get vayne. if they get hp and armor then get a Phantom and a black cleaver. attack speed plus silver bolts blows through their life. if they just grab a warmongers then grab inf edge and trinity force.

or you can just play as olaf, pull an atmong build, and get tanky yourself.

fyi, atmong build is atmas impaler and warmongers

demonicmonkeys

02-10-2012

Ever heard of Madreds Bloodrazor and Last Whisper? AD carries should be able to eat through tanks lategame as long as the carries arent focused.