Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RADS failure

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrrion

02-09-2012

Whenver I try to start League of Legends (open up the patcher and what not), this error keeps popping up

First theres a window that says (paraphrased):
League of Legends\RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe is incompatible with 64-bit version of windows and that I need to contact the software vendor.

Then another window pops up saying (exact words):

Quote:
Failed to launch RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe

I just reinstalled it as well. Am I doing something wrong? I did just recently update something with AMD (I think it's Adobe? I wasn't paying it that much attention and I'm half asleep anyway). Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance.

(Heading to work so I can't answer any questions immediately)

xXSylvaraXx

02-10-2012

all this is happenin to me too, but now that i think about it.......i did just download adobe reader right before this started, maybe it is sumthin with it, would love to get this fixed ~bump~

Frundas

02-10-2012

Ditto; same error

Kawashima Ami

02-10-2012

Same error. Essentially takes over my computer making me unable to browse the internet because the League of Legends symbol keeps popping over everything but never loads. Cannot end the kernel process either.

Running everything as administrator, no recent updates past patcher on tuesday/wednesday.

Windows 7 64 bit.

dukevonart

02-10-2012

taken from : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=52018

I get a RADS error - Could not to connect to HTTP server / Patcher Kernel Stopped Working
1. Close out your game/patcher, hit ctrl+alt+delete and make sure all instances of LoL.Launcher are gone, then restart the patcher process and let it sit.
2. Go to your Riot Games/RADS/System folder under your default install path, and run the rads_user_kernel.exe file, then try starting your patcher.
3. See this article, About changing to a public DNS
4. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe, with this file
5. Try installing, Microsoft Dot NET Framework 4.0 and, Dot NET 3.5

I'm also having additional issue with trying to completely uninstall and re-install the game due the rads kernal indicating that I have insufficient rights as a administrator to delete or uninstall it.

Connnorr

02-10-2012

Getting this too pretty much.

Haven't been able to play in 3 days ;( so sad.

Probably go miss the Kennen sale which sucks too

dukevonart

02-10-2012

uninstalling and re-installing has not corrected the problem for me

DragoValhar

02-10-2012

Having the same issue Windows 7 Ult. Haven't been able to play in about four days now I think.

Edit* I just tried again a few moments ago. Apparently it's resolved itself. I'd still like to know why this happened though. :/

Edit 2* It's broken again. -.-

dukevonart

02-10-2012

Are other people having issues deleting the RADS folder during uninstall or just in general?

DragoValhar

02-11-2012

Well this thing keep telling me to check the logs. And as far as I can tell this is the log of my most recent failure to start. Hope this helps resolve this irritating issue.