Blue vs Purple Minions Experiment... Purple Wins!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Höllgeist

02-09-2012

Ok, so I had some free time on my hands and asked myself, which minions would win if it was just minions vs minions. It seemed pretty much even in the beginning, but purple turned it around late and won hands down. Here are the stats:

(Note: I never interfered with the minions, just stayed in the jungle. Times are accurate plus or minus a few seconds.)

My Team: Blue
Character: Evelynn

Order Towers Fell
------------------------
01. 17:56 - Purple Bot #1
02. 18:58 - Blue Top #1
03. 20:44 - Blue Mid #1
04. 26:16 - Purple Top #1
05. 28:22 - Purple Mid #1
06. 30:38 - Blue Top #2
07. 32:22 - Blue Bot #1
08. 32:24 - Blue Mid #2
09. 36:06 - Purple Mid #2
10. 37:12 - Purple Bot #2
11. 38:26 - Blue Top #3
12. 39:36 - Blue Mid #3
13. 39:52 - Blue Top Inhibitor
14. 40:24 - Blue Mid Inhibitor
15. 41:16 - Blue Bot #2
16. 41:57 - Blue Top Nexus Turret
17. 42:05 - Blue Bot #3
18. 42:18 - Blue Bot Nexus Turret
19. 42:30 - Blue Bot Inhibitor
20. 42:37 - Blue Nexus

As you can see, it was back and forth in the beginning, but near minute 40, purple really pushed through and took down all lanes, inhibitors and the nexus. Obviously this is only one try, so it doesn't prove purple always wins.

If anyone else has tried this, did you have similar results?

kwaphaaw

02-09-2012

Interesting. I've always wanted to try this. I think the results would be fairly random if you tried multiple times. It all comes down to whoever gets the first inhibitor down.

Visco29

02-09-2012

It also seems to depend on which minions are focus firing, as in if your minions all attack one of theirs and are eliminating them one by one rather than spreading the damage they will push faster. Seems like there are a lot of variables, but if this seemed to be a consistent occurrence then I guess there would be some validity to the statement.

Turtle Claus

02-09-2012

The screen for purple is disadvantageous - thus purple does need a SLIGHT buff. Either way, if your team is in their lanes and stuff, it shouldn't make that big of a difference - more minions on the tower means more CS!

iPhailures

02-10-2012

Looks like someone has free time on their hands lol.

Nwonknuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

This is only one test run. I would be much interested in the results if there are multiple games to back up the purple beating blue but I think this is true from my experience but yea moar data to show them reds!111

Jumpy Squirrel

02-10-2012

I was bored and tried it, Blue one for me. Purple started out strong pushing 5 of blues towers then blue had giant minion wave which helped them push really far into purple's base. After a bit more back and forth blue got an inhibitor and won the game at 38:38.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

To make sure I understand the experiment, you're starting a custom game with no bots and just yourself standing on the platform?

Jumpy Squirrel

02-10-2012

I did the jungle without crossing enemy minions, that or went afk and watched tv

King Jelly

02-10-2012

was this just one test or will you be doing more later?