Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morello! Twisted Treeline Won't Forget!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swiftcarp

03-22-2012

Quote:
TrenixPL:
Why do people keep talking about jungling in 3v3? It won't ever work, there will always be solo lane and a duo lane. No matter what you change in jungling, there will not be a jungler. The only real jungler is the player who's in solo lane.

One of the biggest reasons why it's like that is because the map is rather small compared to summoner's rift. Players can easily be discovered and ganked in the jungle. There are also two jungles, the top and the middle. Both teams share these jungles, where as in summoner's rift, you dont.

This is coming from someone who's played over 800+ games in twisted treeline. Besides, I hate junglers so I'm glad it isn't possible in 3v3. If it will be, then I'll have a problem and might even consider quitting the game. This is not even a threat, I'm dead serious.

"it won't ever work"

*Every competitive game has a jungler*

Never gonna work. Totally. I mean, it's not like smite isn't a mandatory or anything, and therefore jungling makes sense.

JKrentzien

03-23-2012

bump

JKrentzien

03-26-2012

bump

TrenixPL

Recruiter

03-26-2012

Quote:
Swiftcarp:
"it won't ever work"

*Every competitive game has a jungler*

Never gonna work. Totally. I mean, it's not like smite isn't a mandatory or anything, and therefore jungling makes sense.

MOBA games don't even have roles designed for jungling, including the one game that started it all, DOTA. I'm pretty sure it's only League of Legends who started that, which does nothing but cause people to rage. Jungling automatically gives your team an advantage, which isn't fair. PVP.net should be renamed because it's not much about pvping anymore either.

I missed the good old days were two people were in top and bottom lanes and mid was solo. That was strategy, were a teammate had to sneak into another lane for a kill. Jungling is for the underleveled champions and now it's a whole new lane. Ganking from a jungler is a cheap shot and very little communication and teamwork is required. All you do is ping and go for it.

To make it plain and simple, if you wanna jungle, stop playing twisted treeline. Don't fool yourself, you know you're not gonna play the game mode anyway. If you currently play twisted treeline, you should already know that jungling does not exist nor would it ever, unless you're solo lane.

Axil

Recruiter

03-26-2012

trenix please stop posting u have no idea what ur sayin

Swiftcarp

03-26-2012

Quote:
TrenixPL:
MOBA games don't even have roles designed for jungling, including the one game that started it all, DOTA. I'm pretty sure it's only League of Legends who started that, which does nothing but cause people to rage. Jungling automatically gives your team an advantage, which isn't fair. PVP.net should be renamed because it's not much about pvping anymore either.

I missed the good old days were two people were in top and bottom lanes and mid was solo. That was strategy, were a teammate had to sneak into another lane for a kill. Jungling is for the underleveled champions and now it's a whole new lane. Ganking from a jungler is a cheap shot and very little communication and teamwork is required. All you do is ping and go for it.

To make it plain and simple, if you wanna jungle, stop playing twisted treeline. Don't fool yourself, you know you're not gonna play the game mode anyway. If you currently play twisted treeline, you should already know that jungling does not exist nor would it ever, unless you're solo lane.

@ Bold: I'm starting to wonder if YOU play the game mode. If you don't have a smite for dragon/buffs on your team, you're basically doing it wrong. Jungling gives your team an inherent advantage in EXP, gold, and map presence. Because you're taking smite anyway, it simply just makes sense.

@ Underline: Can you explain what you just typed? I don't even understand that.

@ Bold+underlined: That's just blatantly wrong. Even if they didn't initially intend for it, people are smarter than that. People picked up that jungling gives an advantage to your team, and they didn't remove the jungle for that purpose. It added depth to the game, just as it does this game. I just feel like it is far too linear in this game (Well, both, really, but especially in LoL).

JKrentzien

03-27-2012

bump

The Whapow

03-27-2012

Bump!

JKrentzien

03-28-2012

bump

JKrentzien

03-29-2012

bump