Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who is the best Fighter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enrakka

07-23-2010

In games like Dota and LoL I always tend to gravitate towards melee characters, whether they be tank or dps, and I think LoL provides a lovely diversity that I just can't get enough of. When I first got into this game I was immediately attracted to Pantheon as I love ancient history and the Spartan's / Roman Empire are my favorite cultures in history he immediately became my top pick. Naturally he got nerfed and that is fine, I am not complaining and I can still do decently with him, but after playing him for 40 or so matches I have decided I want to diversify.

So, I would like to know for the sake of competitive ranked game, what hero won't get laughed at when I select him?
-Disclaimer- I already know some of these heroes aren't, but I'm adding them anyway!

Garen
Jax
Kassadin
Mordekaiser
Olaf

So, out of those 5 who would be the most beneficial to a team in ranked play? Don't worry too much about my play style or what have you, I am sure I could get a handle on all of them at some point. This is just a matter of who do I get now, the rest will come later!

Thank you.

Hiblakl

07-23-2010

Garen gets laughed @

Nasus isn't exactly well known, but a good DPS Nasus is hella scary.
Kassadin is better built AP
Jax has been nerfed into the ground
Morde is a tank
Olaf is pretty good, still taking Nasus with me IMO.

Evo

07-23-2010

Garen - i play him, and love him, he has a nice mix of offense/defence and ultimate satisfies my tastes haha, i do hate that he has nothing but a silence to control the enemy, so you have to depend a lot on exhaust
Jax - hard to learn to play properly but is very good at single targeting melee classes
Kassadin - who?
Mordekaiser - tank
Olaf - seen him rape but i dont understand the "strive in low health" playstyle :P

Enrakka

07-23-2010

Well Nasus wasn't on the list, I dislike his massive feet... seems too silly to me. Anyway so we are down to Garen, Jax, and Olaf. So out of these three who is the most competitive?

- Now I hear that Garen isn't too hot, I have seen him do well and poorly in equal measure so I don't know what to think, but is he top tier? I dunno.

Thoughts?

Hiblakl

07-23-2010

Garen is definitely mid to bottom tier,
Endgame Scaling is terrible, if you don't make them ragequit by midgame you lose.

Damoklese

07-23-2010

Yeah ive been messing around with Nasus alot lately and im liking him. Im trying to find the right mix of DPS and tank to fit my playstyle. It seems like he can get by without much DPS gear at all.. just farm up his Q attack.

As for your question OP...

Of those guys.. Morde and Olaf are probably your best bets, from what ive read anyway. I have no experience with them personally.

Have you considered Tryndamere, Warwick, Xin Zhao, and Master Yi? They seem like they would fit into your parameters and they all are viable choices as well I think.

Also, what about the ladies? Akali, Katarina, Kayle, Nidalee... they could be viable too.

number1jungle

07-23-2010

Try Corki before he gets nerfed.

You wont be disappointed.

Enrakka

07-23-2010

Well my attraction to the above characters is a matter of two principles I hold dearly, one is historical premise, which we get with heroes such as Pantheon, Garen and Olaf (Maybe Trynd with the celt skin) and sheer badass appearance and intimidation through cool armor, which I feel you get with Morde and Jax.

I don't mind Trynd, but he isn't one of my top priorities as I prefer characters that are more on the heavy armored appearance, you know the kind of people that kill the barbarians? Warwick is neat and I do appreciate a good wolf but he isn't high on my list because he just doesn't seem my style. Xin Zhao could fit into the Chinese warrior theme looking at it historically, but I don't really like his look, maybe when some future skins come out I might consider it, give him a badass fu-manchu moustache and I am down! Master Yi I dislike, I find that his play style is boring, his apperance is goofy (like Sam Fisher had *** with a perverted street flasher). As far as the ladies are concerned well again they don't really seem to line up with my playstyle more than anything. If I had to choose one of those it would be Akali because I think she looks awesome.

In the end the reason I listed the ones I did was because they are what held the most appeal to me out of the "fighter" classes listed on the LoL Learning Center. So for now it is down to Jax and Olaf.

I would also like to point out that I am in it for killing power and team benefit so if Morde is more of a tank then I will save him for a tank slot. So Jax or Olaf, who is more useful in high tier games?

PS: Did they nerf Jax as hard as they nerfed Pantheon?

haithere

07-23-2010

Quote:
MNLiLBeast:
Garen gets laughed @

Nasus isn't exactly well known, but a good DPS Nasus is hella scary.
Kassadin is better built AP
Jax has been nerfed into the ground
Morde is a tank
Olaf is pretty good, still taking Nasus with me IMO.

Mord isn't a tank.