Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Morello what is your take on soraka bot lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruebeus

Recruiter

02-08-2012

Infuse is nearly useless at mid to late game. Also, other supports have more CC abilities. Soraka just heals. By "fairness" Soraka gets undercut. But her awesome lane power makes it all worth while.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenmar

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Morello:
You'll see in the next patch - I think you hit it on the head. Her lack of mana reliance in lane pushes her over the top.

We found a new opportunity to ramp up a couple things on her and fix the problems. It should provide a better lane experience (and more interesting choices) generally.


Just an FYI, you take that away from Soraka you also risk of any chance of allowing any new metas from forming. A good deal of players are now testing AP carry bot again due to Soraka and her ability to sustain the AP carry mana pool as well as the health pool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guilty Gun

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Morello:
You'll see in the next patch - I think you hit it on the head. Her lack of mana reliance in lane pushes her over the top.

We found a new opportunity to ramp up a couple things on her and fix the problems. It should provide a better lane experience (and more interesting choices) generally.


I'm 100% positive you don't know what you're doing as a champ designer.

How many champs you gonna "fix" and then have to "refix" like this? its getting old.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Reep:
Because Sona is the best support in the game right now?


i'm surprised they didn't nerf sona last patch to be perfectly honest


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Reep:
Because Sona is the best support in the game right now?

Thats not a good enough reason to nerf her and you know it -.-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

illundreal

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
scfs123:
Thats not a good enough reason to nerf her and you know it -.-


currently no, because in lane her sustain is rivaled by that of soraka and taric, but if you nerf soraka you basically leave sona sitting extremely high up on the throne of bot lane.

Sona has a high risk aggressive playstyle but if you nerf her counters then you're eventually going to have to nerf her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biggus Fishus

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Ruebeus:
Infuse is nearly useless at mid to late game. Also, other supports have more CC abilities. Soraka just heals. By "fairness" Soraka gets undercut. But her awesome lane power makes it all worth while.


Infuse is still an almost objectively stronger offensive spell than null sphere, so I don't get how you could call it "useless" unless you only ever used it for mana restoration.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cameryn Kyre

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Reep:
Because Sona is the best support in the game right now?


Janna wants a word with you...

Also, picking a kill lane isn't difficult... Sona can't infinitely sustain. And if she is forced to sustain she can't poke at all...

Tristana Leona lane will always beat Sona + anybody.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

02-08-2012

Please nerf Sona and Soraka at the same time : /


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
illundreal:
currently no, because in lane her sustain is rivaled by that of soraka and taric, but if you nerf soraka you basically leave sona sitting extremely high up on the throne of bot lane.

Sona has a high risk aggressive playstyle but if you nerf her counters then you're eventually going to have to nerf her.

Nerfing someone because they don't suck at what they do is just sadface.
So we nerf sona+soraka, alistair and taric become the new best supports, then we nerf them, then kayle and karma become the best supports and we all quit?

Soraka nerf is well earned since she has infinite sustian.
Thats an issue.
Sona being "the best support" ..isn't really an argument for a nerf=/