Ask a Summoner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skagwatcher

02-08-2012

Would you summoners be able to open a portal to another dimension(lets say the void) on a whim big enough for a person or two? I'm in sorta a predicament with my partner and would like to get to Valoran. Also, if one of you could relagate my thanks to Kassadin for the care package he dropped us i would appreciate it.

Ask Karma

02-08-2012

Thank you for your answers, Summoners.

I already felt I knew the answer to this, but it is good to know that there are Summoners whose opinion on the issue synchronize with mine.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if I as the champion had the power to turn off the voices in my head. (I realize that makes me sound insane!)

I believe here would be appropriate to include a saying most commonly used by you summoners: "sadface".

Teehee.

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skagwatcher View Post
Would you summoners be able to open a portal to another dimension(lets say the void) on a whim big enough for a person or two? I'm in sorta a predicament with my partner and would like to get to Valoran. Also, if one of you could relagate my thanks to Kassadin for the care package he dropped us i would appreciate it.
While summoning beings from other dimensions or planets is certainly not unprecedented, recently many more sanctions have been placed upon the practice. It's inherently dangerous, unpredictable, and occasionally inaccurate (such as with Nasus).

The void especially could be potentially disastrous. I'm certain there are summoners with the ability, though it would take... incentive for them to overlook regulations.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-08-2012

Summoners,

What "ult" would you say is the most fun to use and why?

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Jaykoboy

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
Summoners,

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Dear Jax,

Oh, what a wonderful question! For me, it depends on what I'm feeling like.

If I'm feeling like desolating my enemies, for certain it would be either Karthus or Veigar's ultimate spells. Karthus's ability to deal a fair amount of damage to every enemy on the field is always so very useful! while Veigar's is especially effective against mages, sometimes (On a lucky day) killing them with one hit.

If I'm in more of an aggressive mood, it would certainly be either yours or Master Yi's. Yours, the ability to do massive damage every few attacks and signifigantly increase your spells and attacks for a short period of time, is always handy. Master Yi's, on the other hand, makes him among the best chasers, 'gankers', and one-versus-one champions.

If I'm feeling like support, though, Sona's ultimate or Soraka's are certainly up there. Sona's simply because I enjoy watching the enemy dance, incapable of doing anything, while Soraka...well, who doesn't like a last-minute save?

-Jay D. McIna

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
It would seem there are more summoners than curious questioners.Perhaps if we were to try to kick things off among ourselves, others might feel more natural jumping in? I'll begin, if no one particularly minds.

Fellow summoners, what is your most frequently called upon champion, and do you think such a pronounced bond might be effecting you in any way?
Kog'maw and Cho'gath are my favorites and I have recently found myself summoning Anivia. Let's just say that after summoning them alot, I have been aching for a nice cold chicken wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Karma View Post
I have a question for you, Summoners.

Why must you consistently engage in your rude and incessant prattle during matches? Just the other day, I found myself hearing some of the most colorful obscenities flying around in my head, as the other Summoners argued about whose fault the failed match was. I am aware it is not all of you, a few of you have at least some shred of dignity. However, it was still most unsettling.

Please, humor me.
Us summoners value wins over many things, and watching our champions perish due to a mistake that is entirely, or partially due to someone else, it can get frustrating. Sometimes the summoners won't listen when we tell them to make their Champion retreat, sometimes they keep 'feeding' and make one of the enemies unkillable-- worst case scenario it would be Tryndamere. Other times, they try to summon a champion in a role that they have no experience in.

The constant incompetence is aggravating, but the worst part is that rarely if ever will the summoner admit to their mistake, often 'raging' when they are given orders. Sometimes the summoner is having a bad day and not up for the Fields of Justice, but they can't help but work for the league.

I for one try to avoid the 'I am not a bad summoner' discussion, but I do not like it when they insult me... bad Karma I guess.

Apologies for the pun.

Quote:
We can, but there is a good phrase: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

And if I summon Kassadin ever, I shall give him regards.

Quote:
Summoners,

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Kog'maw is a blast to use. Whenever I am awaiting my Champion to respawn and we have the worm on our team, it is a Maw-st see when a champion is running away only to get a face full of stomach acid.

Whenever I summoned Casseiopia during her mandated 'Free Week,' it was a blast to cass-t her ultimate and freeze the bodies of the champions chasing her and forcing them to die to poison.

While I have not summoned the Burning Vengenace, casting Pyroclasm is fun, especially if you throw in your own Brand of spell combos before it.

~ Gespens, the Puny Summoner

Silverling

02-08-2012

Quote:
Warms my heart.
Hugs. :3

Attachment 378333

(P.S. Grope me and I'm going to slap you, favorite champ or not.)

Quote:
Summoners,

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Favorite ult to use?

Well, aside from Jax's passive ult, Singed's ult with ghost is insanely fun. No one can run, and no one can catch. Also, Viegar's ult on an AP champ. It makes them go boom.

Quote:
Skagwatcher,

Unfortunately I don't specialize with portals and can't exactly help you in that regard...

But I might have some cake.

-Neutral Summoner Silver

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Hugs. :3

Attachment 378333

(P.S. Grope me and I'm going to slap you, favorite champ or not.)
Now why would I do that? I don't want to make a bad name for myself.

Silverling

02-08-2012

Quote:
Now why would I do that? I don't want to make a bad name for myself.
I guess you do have a point there. Just had to make sure though, never know with some of the other guys...

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
I guess you do have a point there.
(OOC: Could you add this account on League? I would like to have a quick discussion with you in private.)