Ask a Summoner

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-08-2012

Jay D. McIna, ready for duty!

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1372

-Jaykoboy-

Necromonger

02-08-2012

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/193

This is the summoner, Necromonger. Leave a message and my staff will forward them to me.

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

It would seem there are more summoners than curious questioners.Perhaps if we were to try to kick things off among ourselves, others might feel more natural jumping in? I'll begin, if no one particularly minds.

Fellow summoners, what is your most frequently called upon champion, and do you think such a pronounced bond might be effecting you in any way?

Ask Karma

02-08-2012

I have a question for you, Summoners.

Why must you consistently engage in your rude and incessant prattle during matches? Just the other day, I found myself hearing some of the most colorful obscenities flying around in my head, as the other Summoners argued about whose fault the failed match was. I am aware it is not all of you, a few of you have at least some shred of dignity. However, it was still most unsettling.

Please, humor me.

Necromonger

02-08-2012

Morden: For the longest time, Mordekaiser was my mainstay in every match. Many of my fellow summoners then purchased inappropriate items that, while increasing his durability, did not increase his lethality. It was only when I and a few others began to veer towards abyssal scepter, gunblade and sunfire cape did his lethality on the battlefield become evident- to the extent that he was weakened to the point he is now. In terms of magic, I have gained quite the insight into conjuring metal.

Now my matches are rotated with Irelia, Riven and Shyvana. Irelia I have used alongside Mordekaiser, the other two just recently- and from the many battles with them I have found my magic indeed leaning towards the genesis and control of metal.

((Morde got nerfed. I'm still sad. ))

Karma: The younger summoners who still have bountiful egos and scarcity in wisdom have yet to feel a sanction from the League. then again, if they cannot even realize its negative effect on the team, then it is their own failing.

((People are just bad.))

SpicyJackTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
It would seem there are more summoners than curious questioners.Perhaps if we were to try to kick things off among ourselves, others might feel more natural jumping in? I'll begin, if no one particularly minds.

Fellow summoners, what is your most frequently called upon champion, and do you think such a pronounced bond might be effecting you in any way?
Summoner Mordenn,

My personal champion changes weekly. This week, it happens to be Singed, just as last week it was Pantheon and the week before was Olaf. Each time, I feel something different happening to me. When I bonded with Olaf, I felt the bloodlust he craved, at least until he started dressing up as a "bro"... then I just felt the need to drink a lot of Graggy Ice in my off time. With Pantheon, I felt myself grow a stronger desire to practice the art I spent a lifetime perfecting. Now, I'm just growing steadily more insane. He's fun to work with, though.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Karma View Post

Why must you consistently engage in your rude and incessant prattle during matches? Just the other day, I found myself hearing some of the most colorful obscenities flying around in my head, as the other Summoners argued about whose fault the failed match was. I am aware it is not all of you, a few of you have at least some shred of dignity. However, it was still most unsettling.

Please, humor me.
Namaste, Karma,

I personally only resort to such foul language when I'm having a particularly bad day, though some people just keep on insulting others, which upsets me a great deal. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy a prideful moment after a particularly good match, often saying things such as "Flawless Victory" or "Get Dunked", though these occasions are few and far between.

But, getting back to your question, I am afraid I cannot account for the statements and actions of other summoners. My best guess is that they have a massive inferiority complex and have to put others down in order to feel powerful.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover

Mordenn

02-08-2012

Quote:

Please, humor me.
It's simply human nature (and Yordle) nature, unfortunately. All Summoners, no matter how much they may deny it, recognize that they are exceptional beings much in the same way you champions are. There are so few in the world who can accomplish what they do. Everyone thinks of themselves as above average (at least in some manner), but with Summoners, because of the trials one must undertake to become one, the effect is much more pronounced. This idea builds up the more time one spends in the League until it becomes very firmly rooted in their self identity.

The problem arises when you recognize the fact that while exceptional, they are only ever competing against other people who possess the same abilities. Hence mistakes will be made, they will occasionally lose, and often it may very well be a specific Summoner's fault. However, this truth will conflict with the already held truth that they are exceptional (or at least above average), causing their mind to reject the obvious reason (that the Summoner made a mistake) and instead search for other, far more auxiliary causes.

Normally this would not be an issue but because matches in the Fields of Justice are decided by so many different factors, finding a 'suitable' reason to blame other than oneself is sadly easy and commonplace. This process is generally not a conscious one. It's simply the mind trying to rectify its own worldview with contradictory facts. This means that anyone pointing out their mistakes will seem to the Summoner at best foolish and, at worst, trying to shift the blame off of themselves. Hence, arguing, insulting, and general childishness.

However, as you were so kind as to point out, not all Summoners fall victim to this. Summoners who, despite holding the power they do, manage to retain their humility are far more open to viewing their own mistakes in a fair light. On the other side of the spectrum, those who truly are as exceptional as they think themselves will often not fall into this heuristic because the mistakes made during the match likely do not stem from them.

Forgive the long winded answer, Lady Karma. I hope it is satisfactory.

Eredaar

02-08-2012

I am Eredaar summoner of Ionia I am available for anyone who wants to ask me questions

Silverling

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
Silver,

Since you have been nice and posted so many great questions on my board, I'll ask you some in return. What's it like, holding the power of the world's mightiest heroes in your hands, knowing that with them under your control, you are capable of anything?

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Jax, my favorite champion,

My, that is a good question. I haven't honestly thought about it until you asked.

Well, with great power comes great responsibility, especially when that power can be used to essentially control one against their will. For me, I try not to let that factor get to my head. Though I do have the ability to control the mightiest heroes, it doesn't mean I'm better than everyone else, however, it also means that others hold a high respect for me of which I don't see necessary. Knowing this, I have to watch my actions daily, partially to keep a good reputation with those I serve.

So I suppose my answer will be that it sometimes feels like a burden, but also is a gift.

-Neutral Summoner Silver

Quote:

Please, humor me.
Karma,

Believe me, I sometimes wonder the same thing. I try to be at my best behavior but I can't help but feel like ripping out some of my fellow summoner's vocal chords just to silence them.... Including ones who are supposed to be my allies.

-Neutral Summoner Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post

Morden,

It would have to actually be Jax. I summoned him from the time I was a novice a little over two years ago to still in the current times now. As for a bond that might be affecting me, I have had the urge to fish more often, but other than that, no.

-Neutral Summoner Silver

((Also, I'm contemplating limiting the people who get to be on the asking list so there's, as Mordenn said, more people willing to answer and not enough to ask. What do you guys think about that?))

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Morden,

It would have to actually be Jax. I summoned him from the time I was a novice a little over two years ago to still in the current times now. As for a bond that might be affecting me, I have had the urge to fish more often, but other than that, no.

-Neutral Summoner Silver
Warms my heart.

12345612 ... 14