Do we want Ranked Dominion?

No, I don't think it should ever be a competitive ranked option... leave it for the kids. 51 12.44%
I don't really care. 27 6.59%
Maybe in the future, but it needs a lot of changes and/or balancing. 99 24.15%
Yes, this should be a top priority- we need another elo option out there. 233 56.83%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should we have Ranked Dominion?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

people formed a lot of incorrect opinions about dom in beta and now without ranked it's just stagnating with high level players sitting on their hands.

Blazing Pascal

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummMini View Post
The nature of dominion makes it so imbalanced its laughable. Balancing Dominion would cause summoner's rift to become imbalanced, and a balance change would be the only thing that would make dominion even remotely close to viable as a competitive game type. I go to dominion when im bored and/or want to play a stupid troll build with a random champion, eg ad sona, ap shaco, etc. Dominion requires little to no skill to win since laning is pathetically stupid and 99% of the time the game comes down to how quickly your champion can burst down the other, hence champions like leblanc, akali, Max crit GP, etc are all extraordinarily strong in dominion, and utility champions are useless, eg 90% of ap carries (ones with aoe damage + cc), all supports when used as a support, etc. This would be rediculous to actually balance, and would ruin summoners rift so that you and the other 20 people who want this gametype to be competitive could be happy.
The point is, you still win or lose. I don't see why its so complicated. Sure, it might not nearly as good/balanced as SR, but if those champs are good, then ban or pick them. The team that bans/picks the best and plays the best will still win and gain elo.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummMini View Post
I go to dominion when im bored and/or want to play a stupid troll build with a random champion, eg ad sona, ap shaco, etc.
So, clearly, you can speak authoritatively on its balance issues.

On topic, I'd like to see ranked eventually. If Riot tweaks the global aura and adds more Dominion-only items to improve the balance issues that do exist without altering the stat lines on actual champions, it will be in a good place for a more competitive playerbase.

And yes, in the interest of full disclosure, it is the only mode I play.

Blazing Pascal

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
...in the interest of full disclosure, it is the only mode I play.
really? wow. I made this thread because I hardly ever play it, but I think it is very fun. Its just hard to find motivation to keep playing it, since there is no ranked, and no way to show/test your skill at it long term.

OjYbab

02-08-2012

bump

Bonestorm

02-08-2012

Dominion is trash compared to Summoner's rift.

Blazing Pascal

02-08-2012

bump

TopHat BAery

02-08-2012

There are people that play dominion only. I think riot has waited too long to have ranked dom. At the moment 1900-2400 elo generally get boned in matchmaking, getting put with low elo premades to balance "average" Elo of teams or they have very long queue times.

If you're interested in dominion, improving, and competitive whenever its released, join in-game chat "dominatedominion" .

Blazing Pascal

02-08-2012

Are you talking about "hidden elo" here? Didn't know that existed for dominion.

Sorayai

02-08-2012

yea I agree, but Riot also needs to balance a few champions on it (Rammus, Poppy, Yorick) ... ofc u could ban them every game, but yeah

1234567 ... 8