Latency issues cause by PVP.net chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlkZen

02-07-2012

Hi Riot,

Recently, I've noticed a lot of lag in games. This is odd because I have a good internet connection and computer. For instance, I just lagged out in a game with a latency over 1000ms. So rationally, I disconnected and pinged my DNS to check my connection. I got 23ms. So I reconnected to your server again, and I lag out again. So rationally, I disconnect and now go to pingtest.net. There test says I'm at 80ms with 0 jitter. So I reconnect to YOUR server once again, and I lag out again. Now this is where things get interesting. When I exit the game, I get disconnected from PVP.net chat... so I decided might as well try to reconnect to see if chat was causing the problems. And guess what, no more lag. Care to comment on this?

Thanks

BlkZen

02-07-2012

and this isnt the first time this has happened. lol. hypothetically, could someone turn off pvp chat on the client indefinitely with a hexeditor?

TheGosuStandard

02-07-2012

I've been noticing it over the last few weeks, get in the game and both teams are complaining about lag, plz fix this issue.

Sin Collector

04-18-2012

Yeah, was about to make a thread about this as well but i have decided to post on this one to cull my rage.

I've been lagging for about 4 weeks straight, since all the new champions have been coming out.
I have no idea why i am lagging, i usually run betweent 60 - 90 ms all the time during games, but it gets so bad that i cant even see the other team or cant even cs correctly. I've lagged numerous times in ranked and it has costed me dearly for this.

All in all, riot really needs to fix there servers. now.

Soca

05-09-2012

I've been having the same issue these past few weeks as well. I thought it was my connection but when I play more resource heavy games like Rift my latency is well 90 or below. Please fix your servers so I can stop being reported for disconnecting a million times.