Elo = luck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stippy

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinnlol View Post
oh also , i was a 4x gladiator, got paid to play other peoples account, #3 ranked world wow player, but i'm a 1k elo rated LoL player.

HAR HAR HAR LOLZZZ
OMG a game your not good at.... maybe your just not good at this game. how good are you at other MOBAs, ay HON or DOTA? They would provide better information.

I bet you are exactly at the ELO you shuold be at.

Not saying the system doesn't have flaws. Saying you probably aren't as good as you think.

Food for thought.

Hyosun

02-09-2012

Quote:
oh also , i was a 4x gladiator, got paid to play other peoples account, #3 ranked world wow player, but i'm a 1k elo rated LoL player.
really? that's some cool **** and no im not trolling or being sarcastic. it would be interesting to hear what kind of skills and elements are needed to be competitive at that level. You know... like the way dragon control or counter-jungling, or bot lane comp works and all that.

Elo is kinda luck to a point, but it's not just that. It is my belief that there are specific strategies that can help you win games. And you gotta tryhard real bad. My irl friend Greas3 once had to get an executioners calling ( back in the day ) against a fed mundo because his ad was too retarded to get it. Guess what? He outplayed him hardcore and that ONE item won his team the game. Who was he playing? Zilean.

You GOTTA tryhard if you want to negate the baddy factor in your team and have to organize teamwork in the most diplomatic way in the midst of all the stubborness that comes from being told what to do.

You can look up any of these names on lolbase.net and I can assure you they belong where they are. All from season 1. The ones highest in this list are all wow players.

Greas3: highest ever 1650 I believe? ( resto druid had a big influence in why he chose to play a LOT of zil back in the day. ). His cs was always high. I think he got 570 as ezreal when he was ad mid was common. His best role is tank, because he knew what should be done at any given time and we followed his initiation well. Fast reflexes and is looking to outplay you. Always fun to play with and a great person to learn from.

clockzy: 1850 - 1900? ( dwarf rogue ) you wouldn't believe it from seeing this chain-smoking mustached guy passed out in the pc-cafe chair that he's good but he is. He had a lot of fun as Vlad and I still take credit for introducing him to irelia which he DOMINATED with before she got nerfed. Another one of those guys looking to outplay you.

scotty: 1800+ ( moonkin i believe? ) I didn't think he was good but I saw his elo one day and went WTF? Heads and shoulders above me and was always invested in w/e game he played.

chabyrd: 900 ( dunno ? ) He's just average and he really didn't embrace a lot of technical aspects of the game, nor did he play with a WIDE range of characters.

Sphnxx: ?? ( dunno ? ) He got decent with Leblanc but his knowledge of the game is 2 dimensional and he's just got too many other things going on to tryhard for a relaxed game like lol.

Squashbanana: 1350 ( never played wow ) Friend irl we both drank wayyy too many beers in 6 months HARPOON WINTER WARMER ALL THE WAY BEST BEER EVARRR!11!! He played a wide range of characters and in our matches he often went ad carry. Not the most focused person at times but pulls off clutch sh!t with the best of them. Plenty of dota experience. He would make dumb mistakes like me. So I think I'd be at 1200 along with him right now if I played enough ranked.

dovvntempo: ( me ) never played wow but was a noob at dota, played a lot though. Even when I thought I was good in season 1 I still didn't have the very basics down like last hitting, map control, and had no idea what the meta was and didn't give a ****. Smartcast? what? 60cs is amazing! lmao **** I was bad. I didn't play enough ranked to get a ranking but I'm definitely one of those guys who thinks they're better than they are. My stats prove it.

What I'm trying to say here is that the people who climbed up to 1800 and almost 1900 played to win and really embraced the meta, technical aspects of the game and dealt with the same issues everyone else does. Am I surprised that clockzy almost made it to 1900? Nope, mofo pulled off some hilarious things with vlad and always had high cs. Greas3 was super technical, analytical, and was really the smartest one out of all of us, recognizing that stacking gp/10 was way op before it became a "thing". Wow players tend to nerd it up and embrace that kinda thing. Scotty obviously had issues with certain champs but always had it in him to carry, I just think he dual-qued with clock at the cafe and they climbed together.

What I'm trying to say is that everyone it's possible to get your elo high despite the nature of soloQ. To do it you gotta put on your tryhard hat, buckle down, read about new strats and if needed and play to win, above all else.

Camlt

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantz View Post
You cant carry late game with Kassadin he shines mid game...If you played Twitch and positioned yourself right you would have won 4v5 easy.Try to play Cass she can basically win 1v5 situations if positioned well.In solo queue dont rally on anyone ,you gotta carry your team to victory
yea if im jungle and my team doesnt feed 90% chance ill win, it seems like if i dont go like 10/0/10 my team looses

Yorkylol

02-13-2012

Stop lying about wow this is league its pointless your mad cause you cant carry your team and dont know how to get out of ELo hell. i hit 1600 ELo within 1 month of playing i was 2.5k in wow its not hardjust understand how to help other lanesand control yours till you get out of ELo hell. every time something happens say it was ur faultand get better balming everyone else and saying u were rank 3 in wow just makes you look dumb im #1 kid.

Yorkylol

02-13-2012

PS: if you wanna crry as kass get lvl 9-13 buywards andput them in ther jungle then sit in a brush neer camps and kill ther jungler / A farming the wraiths. Youcan do this with leblanc cass kass and probly a fed grag

Hyosun

02-13-2012

People downvote because they just want to cry and cry all day. This forum is filled to the brim with QQ.

Newatdizbrah

02-13-2012

"4x gladiator" WHo cares?
This aint WoW nub

Couchqq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-13-2012

The trick to get out of " elo hell" is stop making mistakes. YOU not your team ONLY YOU are causing your elo to be in the 800-1100 range. The less mistakes you make the more likely you are to win. If elo is luck based how can a player go from 500 to 2k elo on multiple accounts. Nobodys luck is that good. A good player will always reach there true elo. We all have games where someone is completely retarded take the loss or carry hard and move on.

Best way to get better is watch streams and see what "pro" players are doing in game. Learn from there mistakes aswell.

Chief Zeno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

learn to last hit and don't get caught. But sometimes there are games which are impossible to carry

Replika

02-13-2012

Golden rule to playing 5v5 games solo...pick a hero you can carry with! Otherwise you may as well go afk cause your elo is still gonna suffer. I'm 1.0win ratio this season (63-63) in solos' they're for fun and ip farming.

No game will ever have perfect public matchmaking...That's why they give you the opportunity to make a team and add friends ^^