Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lets talk strategy - Ninja capping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vNaK

02-08-2012

In some of the Solo q games I've played, I've noticed that sometimes on my team, that our whole team would ninja cap different places, it disorients the opponents, and if done right, works pretty effectively.

But I've never seen ninja capping as a "plan." Of those games I've played, it all happen sporadically, where my team would randomly do their own thing. Although, this is blind pick, so I'm not so sure how well this works against a premade team.

I don't normally ninja cap (unless you consider this is), but if we lost WM top, I would assists bottom and kill their laner and cap bot, and make sure my team is ready to take top as they recall back to defend bottom.

MONKYfapper

02-09-2012

ninja capping is annoying and mainly used to break the team up when they have a very solid hold over a point. however, if you do it to much or base your whole build around it, you will be very useless overall and it wont really be a "ninja cap" anymore. it'll be more of TOUCH AS MUCH POINT AS POSSIBLE!!!!

surprise is the key to this tactic and like any tactic, it cannot be use to often in one game

DoctorEvolution

02-09-2012

Quote:
Ascleph:
Is ninja capping a valid strategy? Yes.
Is building around and focusing entirely on ninja capping the entire game a good idea? No, its a terrible idea.
Ninja capping is a way of taking pressure off a heavily defended point, like WM, so your team can take it, ninja capping is not a way of playing the entire game or all you are doing is turnning the top battle into a 4v3.

I tend to agree that it only works a few times, if they are expecting it, its easily guarded against.

Capping mid to draw people away from top, and I find capping bot can work better than a gank in some situations. For example their bot champ is about to start capturing your bot and you have defenders about to retake your bot. Its a semi rare case when that works well. It requires the enemy team to be dead or elsewhere.

If the enemy has someone with a global ult, backdooring or ninja'ing tends to fail. A funny strategy that SivHD pointed out was using Noc's ult to hide someone capping behind their back, to give the extra time for it to be successful.

EinzigerAI

02-09-2012

Ninja capping should be used as a strategy to pull from heavily defended points. It's not going to work if you just constantly run around capping things all willy nilly. Once you start reaching higher elo's people will **** all over this and you'll just get wrecked.

Samuros

02-09-2012

The worst thing about ninja capping is the people who do it. They are always the biggest jerks on the team and blame everyone else for doing bad because they are losing every team fight from being outnumbered.

Stimuz

02-09-2012

Step 1. Pick blind pick.
Step 2. Pick Zilean and make 5 zeals and a pair of boots.
Step 3. Never do this in draft cause it only works on noobs.

Tamachii

02-10-2012

One thing... Backdoor is USELESS

against a good team your team will probably get utterly destroyed since its easy to recap mid point, works only and only when your team ace or at least quadra/triple kill