Lets talk strategy - Ninja capping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

I always find it funny how some ninja capping players think that the people "hating" on them are the enemy that falls for it, when the ones that hate on them the most would be their own team and then they go and try to justify it saying that they prob hate it because they've lost to that tactic before.....

No, they are hating at you because you are crippling them.

Kierloway

02-08-2012

Excellent as a distraction to pull the team apart or to force anyone rezzing at the nexus to hit up that turret, buying your team some time to regroup or finish a cap. I wouldnt recommend it as a general strategy unless you're destroying their team, and in that case you're just five capping and sitting at their base anyway.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Ninja capping isn't a valid strategy against organized teams with communication. Too easy to stop.

Krimson62

02-08-2012

Ninja capping should not be a constant strategy. its insanely easy to counter. but if you can find all 5 enemies and see an open point without leaving your team at a severe disadvantage it could turn the tide of the game.

So to be a good ninja capper, map awareness and timing are essential. Not just some gung-ho renegade who runs off on his own all game

slyguy6802

02-08-2012

It's usually better to move as a team in the jungle with the tank leading towards their mid vs fighting on the windmill while four are all there.

Mad Suppordle

02-08-2012

Its a solid nuisance strategy in solo queue, but the strategy only works in solo queue (even their generally only low to mid elo). It won't work at all vs a competent premade team, you are basically committing suicide by trying.

Aruthin

02-08-2012

The only reason I ever ninja cap is to create a distraction.
Wait until someone backs down to stop you, enter the fog, ghost top and create a 4v3 situation while the persons sent to stop you is still missing.
Even this can be hit or miss. If I get caught in the jungle and the 1v1 match-up doesn't favour me, I've done nothing but cost my team nexus health and time. Generally, instead of ninja capping, I gank bottom and help my team take their bottom point, or just kill the guy and return to my team ASAP while bot takes the turret himself.

Ppvkignx

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruthin View Post
The only reason I ever ninja cap is to create a distraction.
Wait until someone backs down to stop you, enter the fog, ghost top and create a 4v3 situation while the persons sent to stop you is still missing.
Even this can be hit or miss. If I get caught in the jungle and the 1v1 match-up doesn't favour me, I've done nothing but cost my team nexus health and time. Generally, instead of ninja capping, I gank bottom and help my team take their bottom point, or just kill the guy and return to my team ASAP while bot takes the turret himself.
If their team is just turtling WM and not pushing out at all, you can "ninja cap" their mid as bait, then your team kills the guy who transfers down. If nothing else, you can use that to force a fight off point.

Bonabon

02-08-2012

Ganking bot is much better than ninja'ing mid in most cases.
Unless bot has a Revive ready.

Ardailec

02-08-2012

The problem I have with Ninja capping is that it can often get top killed...but this isn't necessarily the capper's fault.

If you know you're 3v4, Don't Run into that fight. Don't do it. Keep a healthy bit of distance from them, just apply some pressure and buy time for either 1 of them to peel off or the cap to complete.

I don't like ninja capping as a "Plan". It's very effective if you notice an opening, the first two fights at the Windmill are not the time for it. If you're going to do it you should have one of two goals in mind.

Neutralization to buy time, or baiting a trap.