Lets talk strategy - Ninja capping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Yordle

02-07-2012

I'm a ninja capper at heart. To me there is nothing more satisfying than constantly undermining the enemy team currently capping Windmill by counter-capping their mid or bot points. Sometimes I don't get the cap, but I almost always nuetralize the point.

Most people do not like this strategy though. Yes, it is a valid strategy. It however shares the same stigma of backdooring in SR. Enemies rage when you are successful at it because they see it as "playing dirty" for whatever reason.

So I call on my ninja capping brethren! Lets discuss our favorite ninja capping strategies and champion builds. The goal here is an exchange of ideas that will hopefully lead to new and fun ways of ninja capping on Dominion.

So far my favorite champ for this role has been Teemo. A little AP, Boots of Mobility, and a Phantom Dancer. Play smart and no one will ever catch you. The reason I like Teemo for this role is because he can wander around the jungle and shroom key areas while he waits for an opportunity to ninja cap a point.

Machop

02-07-2012

The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't work most of the time. Capping takes longer than what it takes for someone to come and stop you. Also, if you're building all movement speed then you're not going to put out more damage.

Commander Yordle

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machop View Post
The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't work most of the time. Capping takes longer than what it takes for someone to come and stop you. Also, if you're building all movement speed then you're not going to put out more damage.
Thats the fun thing with Teemo. Build Malady, Mobility boots, and a PD (which he normally builds anyway). Add in a Frozen Mallet and maybe a Wit's End and you have a normal on-hit Teemo build that can run like the wind.

Zeac79

02-07-2012

How I do miss pricillas blessing on shaco with mobility boots and the good old 90 sec boxes. It was like having teemo shrooms only you could escape anything with q. I still ninja cap with shaco but mainly to neutralize, and only when I'm out numbered top so it'd be waste to even try to cap. Building ap also makes it easy to fend off while ninja capping with his clone becoming a great scout and nuke to slow the enemy.

larkhill

02-07-2012

i LOVE ninjacappers...on the enemy team

if i see a ninjacapper champ like teemo or eve, i instantly go sweeper karth and laugh at u as u die every single time.

global ults > you.

Kiddalee

02-07-2012

I like to work with my team. I don't ninja-cap as my primary strategy, but when I do it, I do it to divert attention from the point we really want.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Is ninja capping a valid strategy? Yes.
Is building around and focusing entirely on ninja capping the entire game a good idea? No, its a terrible idea.
Ninja capping is a way of taking pressure off a heavily defended point, like WM, so your team can take it, ninja capping is not a way of playing the entire game or all you are doing is turnning the top battle into a 4v3.

FDru

02-07-2012

It's no longer "ninja-capping" if you make it a dedicated strat.

The only time ninja-capping is effective is if the enemy doesn't expect it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

it's a bad strategy and you should feel bad for using it

252EC

02-07-2012

Its not a truly valid strategy for a main game plan, but it can be useful if you plan it wit your team and use it to force 1 or 2 champs to come and deal with you. I know I've used it a few times to set a trap, i have a teammate wait in a bush near the speed shrine and lead them over there once they come to stop me. Its not the capping itself that's useful but the strategies that you can build off of the surprise disruption.