Any idea what the new hero will be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zabrio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

If a champion is next to a wall and the hookshot were to hit both at around the same time, would it choose the champion over the wall? (I can see a possibly issue with top's rounder wall)

Also if you are mid hookshot and a blitz were to pull you, which would take priority?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-07-2012
9 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is it anything like, you fire out the skillshot, and if it hits a champion, they'll be knocked back and if you hit the skill again you can pull yourself to it, or leave it and he'll pull the (anchor I guess) back to himself instead?
No, he's much much simpler than that.

Quote:
Can you hookshot to Trundle's pillar, Anivia's wall, Jarvan's terrain?
...Let me have QA sweep this, this hadn't occured to me - I don't think they count as true terrain though.

Quote:
If a champion is next to a wall and the hookshot were to hit both at around the same time, would it choose the champion over the wall? (I can see a possibly issue with top's rounder wall)

Also if you are mid hookshot and a blitz were to pull you, which would take priority?
Should be champion priority.

For moveblocks, the last moveblock always takes precedence.

MrTheBest

02-07-2012

gp's daddy

edit: not that you can confirm, but thats my guess

Eric Faust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
He is indeed nautically inspired - He has two things with major water effects - but that's more of a side effect rather than water manipulation.

Still, mini water geysers/gushes are pretty.
New Pirate?

randomfightfan

02-07-2012

does he have a hidden passive associated with fizz or gp?

The Codyman

02-07-2012

Finally someone that will kick GP's teeth in and take MF out on a date....for booty...

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Flickerei

02-07-2012

I'm surprised how many people don't know about a hookshot...I thought more people played zelda o.O

Galvantula

02-07-2012

SOmeone posted a tank who was GPs right hand man in the champ suggestion forum.

Any clues on the ulti.

Rebonack

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Unfortunately, no.

If you throw something, and it pulls you to the first terrain it hits - How could you move through it? Zen.
Sads.

Though I'll probably still check him out since Xypherous champs are generally awesome.

And if there isn't a champ in the pipe with a line wall you should totally push for one. Someone with terrain manipulation as their core mechanic would be all sorts of fun.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-07-2012
10 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
so the new champ is Tidehunter+Clockwerk combined?
No.

I mean, there's a very minor tidehunter homage, of sorts - but it's a cosmetic homage - the actual gameplay is quite different.