Any idea what the new hero will be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azure Bomber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
He might be a tank.

He might wield an anchor.

He might be slow. He might have a hookshot to compensate.

Maybe.
I take it releases are catching up to that phase on the forums where everyone was complaining at lack of tanks?

Azurada

02-08-2012

So. what news can we expect to see from this.... Anchorman?

Typhnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

This may be a stupid question, but how does his Q interact with dragon and baron?

jámos

02-08-2012

will his q interact with tower rubble?

VCR Molester

02-08-2012

What did you name him? or what where you gonna name him

Dargul

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLjamie View Post
will his q interact with tower rubble?
practically everything else does.....

Gangnam Lagann

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
No. Tiny octopus riding around on a Nexus Crystal was unfortunately shot down in concepting.

He was a sailor at one point - But I'm not sure he's a pirate per se.

Why did the tiny octopus riding a nexus crystal get shot down?! That sounds like a brilliant concept!

Error name exist

02-08-2012

Whenever I hear hookshot I always imagine Pudge.

exe3

02-08-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ker.php?g=riot

RiotBlasto broke the combo! Twice! O_O

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-08-2012
59 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
I suspect he will be an alteration of blitz's playstyle...with a couple twists.
...Hm...

His Q is halfway between Amumu and Blitzcrank, but based on the range it will feel more like one or the other. Since it has a minimum drag distance for the opponent, up close, you can reset an enemy's position if they escape. Far away though, you'll move much farther to them.

It has the added dimensionality of interacting with terrain, which means his gameplay is much more straightforward - he's not going to ambush you from behind a wall - because he can't shoot through the wall. He's going to come rushing out and attempting to hook you or aim it so that he can hit guaranteed terrain behind you.

His passive gives him a heavy incentive to switch targets in a fight - and his shield, if used in the right time in a fight, will add heavy DPS incentives if he's ignored. His initiation is more reliable but less controlled - so, a quick hookshot into an ultimate can ambush unwary foes. There's some interesting play patterns here. His overall theme is delayed but powerful effects.

A lot of the challenge of this guy was properly conveying the heft, size, and power that he looks like he has - which meant trying to find delayed effects that also feel gratifying and powerful.