Any idea what the new hero will be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abraham Luncheon

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'll have QA sweep this again - but no, I don't believe this happens.

Kind of. Kind of. Kind of. Yes. Yes.

There's one variant of Amumu and Blitzcrank's abilities that can only be done if you have the condition that you can hookshot to terrain.
So if he hits a champ or creep, he will pull them to him, if he hits a wall, we will go to it, BUT if he hits a champion, THEN terrain behind it he will pull himself and that champion into the wall, probably stunning something close to Condemn.

Do I win a prize?

LocknDoTs

02-07-2012

A Xypherous champion coming out next?!?!?!?!

Ammostorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

wow im already excited!

nollemretaW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Please tell us why we are not getting the support :C

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-07-2012
6 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
So if he hits a champ or creep, he will pull them to him, if he hits a wall, we will go to it, BUT if he hits a champion, THEN terrain behind it he will pull himself and that champion into the wall, probably stunning something close to Condemn.
The anchor is not pass-through, unfortunately, no.

He may have other CCs. I hear that getting hit by an anchor may be quite forceful.

Eric Faust

02-07-2012

Quote:
The very nature of a hookshot prevents you from moving through terrain - Think about it and it'll come to you.

He may very well have the longest basic moveblock in the game because of this fact though.
Is this an ult or a regular skill? Champions like Ahri and Kassadin have their mobility tied to their ultimates so they aren't mobile monsters from level one. Is this champ the same?

Rebonack

02-07-2012

Quote:
The very nature of a hookshot prevents you from moving through terrain - Think about it and it'll come to you.

He may very well have the longest basic moveblock in the game because of this fact though.
If I'm understanding this correctly we're finally going to be getting a champ with a line-wall akin to Earth Shaker.

If this is true then I know who I've been saving my IP for.

jars

02-07-2012

ugh not another leona/sejuani

I guess it doesn't matter no tank will top j4 for me

DoctorVishnevski

02-07-2012

Pirate tank? You've sparked my interested, glad I didn't get the brand skin on sale. Should this all be a farce, I will be slightly dissappointed, only slightly though

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-07-2012
7 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is this an ult or a regular skill? Champions like Ahri and Kassadin have their mobility tied to their ultimates so they aren't mobile monsters from level one. Is this champ the same?
This is his Q.

Actually, hookshots aren't that great of a normal mobility skill - they're pretty good for escapes or initiates, but pretty bad at everything in between.

Quote:
If I'm understanding this correctly we're finally going to be getting a champ with a line-wall akin to Earth Shaker.
Unfortunately, no.

If you throw something, and it pulls you to the first terrain it hits - How could you move through it? Zen.