Any idea what the new hero will be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

randomfightfan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
Xyph any news on a pet champ^^?!
Orianna, she has a pet ball

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-07-2012
15 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is he going to be more of a monster champ like nasus or renekton or human?
...*ponder*...

Strangely, neither Yes or No.

c4lm

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Wrong skill again.

If it helps, by replacing the effect and changing the speed, you get a *very* different skill play pattern.
How can his slow be the wrong skill then, it's not anchor smash and I'm pretty sure it's not his armor passive, so it has to be his slow/nuke.

Levi had 2 caste-able spells, tidal whateverthehellit'scalled and aoe impale of death.

An0rphan

02-07-2012

is this a PIRATE?

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

How strongly does this champion fit in with the new Riot directive of unique champions with signature abilities and clearly defined roles with all their pros and cons? (Hybrid roles like Alistar being clearly defined)
Also, as a tank, does he stay clearly within the 'Tank' spectrum or does he start to slide along down Tanky-DPS like Malphite/Volibear or Mage like Cho'Gath/Galio?
Also, as a designer, are you allowed to help draft revisions to older champions that do not fit the new champion design direction?

ashxu

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
he might be a tank.

He might wield an anchor.

He might be slow. He might have a hookshot to compensate.

Maybe.
tide hunter

CryinOnionKnight

02-07-2012

Will the upcoming hero be the hero I need for my bilgewater team to be??? (only need a support if this is true ).

Also, will we be seeing any more void themed heroes? I want to see kog maw's daddy (who he tells me IS in fact coming)

Redbutton

02-07-2012

You mentioned getting hit by an anchor is forceful. Forceful as in dizzying, or forceful as in knockback. If it's the latter, does that mean the enemies knockback distance is included in his traveling distance?

My Little Carry

02-07-2012

inb4 'trololol I just said maybe, here is another AP carry'

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-07-2012
16 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
How can his slow be the wrong skill then, it's not anchor smash and I'm pretty sure it's not his armor passive, so it has to be his slow/nuke.

Levi had 2 caste-able spells, tidal whateverthehellit'scalled and aoe impale of death.
Oh? Tell me, what if AoE impale of death didn't knock up? What if it gave enemies the terrible choice of having to run through the field of pain? >D

Quote:
Also, as a tank, does he stay clearly within the 'Tank' spectrum or does he start to slide along down Tanky-DPS like Malphite/Volibear or Mage like Cho'Gath/Galio?
He is mostly CC focused.