Attention Summoners! For those with intermittent FPS drops to ~5FPS for 1-3 Seconds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

04-13-2012

Just my 5 cents on the subject:
→ I also have Windows 7, but I've never experienced FPS drops (I'm on a Desktop, though)
→ The only option I use is "High Performance"
→ No overheating here too, as I'm on liquid cooling

Any more questions and requests (Logs, etc.) here and I'll post anything you need =]

RampageLoL

04-13-2012

I play 30-49 fps smoothly and I get fps drops often down to 1-16 fps... Oh and by the way I only play Summoners Rift.

Here's myDxDiag.

Here's some other major posts on this issue.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2014176

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2004443

ÑØØß

06-06-2012

After Darius patch my FPS was actually higher - allowing me to upgrade my settings to Very High/High retaining the same FPS I had with the old graphics (40-50)

However after the mini-update right before double IP weekend, I've been getting constant FPS drops in games, regardless of settings. It drops from 50-60 to ~5 for about 2 minutes, and it happens every 5 minutes or so

Attached the logs for what I think was the first game where I had this problem

tried the suggestions, none seemed to fix

Phenora

07-21-2012

Actually , I'm able to run BF3 at ultra setting at 100Fps stable without lag. Cannot play league of legends ? It doesn't make sense and I'm pretty sure that im not the only one.

HazardBoY

07-24-2012

bump

3mWk9Nuh4xr9Exfe

07-24-2012

I believe this is the correct thread to beg for an SLI/XFire enhancement/stability patch?

[Ignore the weird summoner name, I changed my name slightly and for whatever reason, it reset my account on this website? went from coolrick1992 -> coolrick92 and this happened?]

hXaris

07-26-2012

My problem was that, I was playing and 15mins in the game, there would be a black screen, and then a constant fps drop from constant 60 fps to 50-40.

Why would it be doing that?

Swarlito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

I'm gonna be all "woe is me" here: Your low is twice as high as my average and 10x higher then my low.

I'll post my logs once I get home later today... Hoping that simone can tell me what to do to fix this cause it's making the game unplayable.

PaltokoDx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

fps drops after playing (5-20 min) 60fps to 01-10 fps until i close LoL and wait 1-3 min, all in very low settings. tried all of the forum and it's not working.

pd: this persist until i close LoL and LoL processes.
srry bad english.

DanteGambit

01-10-2013

I've gone through almost all the pages trying to find a solution. Nothing works. Customer support has been trying to help me, but it's the same rinse/repeat that they have been telling others while nothing gets resolved. Riot, so many people want to play your game and would put more money into it if they could just play it efficiently. Can we get a fix next patch, please? I used to run this game at High settings with 60 FPS throughout the whole game...now I am dropping to 20 FPS about 15 minutes into the game.

I have done every single step suggested. I'm pretty sure it is an error within the client. I would love for there to be a fix next patch. I don't wanna drop money on a new computer when I know my current one is definitely capable of playing this game at 60 FPS. (Think about it - $1,000 to spend on a new PC, or possibly $1,000 I could spend on RP if you would just find a fix for this?)