Attention Summoners! For those with intermittent FPS drops to ~5FPS for 1-3 Seconds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auzorous

02-08-2012

Here is mine. Anything that could be done to help would be amazing. I have many of the r3d logs, over 10 from today alone.

Granyte

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifiel View Post
Even though literally 98% of people I have played with or against are d-bags and just want to whine (Seriously, what is wrong with you all? And you know who you are), I will post the results of my troubleshooting and fix.

I stand by my initial assessment of the issue (for me) being throttling or turning off cores.

See attached dxdiag and logs (newest one is 'fixed' and previously 'broken' FPS issue);
FPS stabilised over 60 and the CPU was not shutting down to 1xCore speed.

I tried turning off power saving and advanced power saving core 'states' in the bios (C1, C2 etc)
The issue has somewhat resolved by registry editing to turn off "core-parking";
Use at your own risk and it is a 'work around'. I strongly suggest Riot review the issue that is affected by this 'tweak'.

http://ultimatecomputers.net/forum/v...t=3644&start=0

Feel free to reward me if it proves to be the root of the problem.
wierd are you on a laptop i mean disabeling core parking has been usefull for several issues but none of them were software they were fimware or hardware desing

in the particular case of my model it was recommended to disable these because of a SEVERE issue of stuttering with the first mobile Quad Cores and i had to wait till some one created a modded bios with acces to more option an did the exact oposite enable c3-c4 and many other core power saving feature and magic the issues went away

The Won Tuan

02-08-2012

here's mine!

Wild Puddin

02-09-2012

bump

Nargacuga

02-09-2012

bump

iDearest

02-09-2012

bump

BaldJustice

02-09-2012

Just a quick update on my particular case.

After disabling the core parking I was able to play around 5 games perfectly, then towards the end of 5 while on skype the drop did in fact come back. Maybe my little machine just reached a critical mass point, and it seems like this has been the best work around yet; however, it just kicks the can much further down the road rather then stopping the problem entirely.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-09-2012
2 of 13 Riot Posts

Thanks to everyone who submitted logs! Out of the 12 of you who submitted r3d logs 10 have some version of Windows 7. This means that Lucifiel's analysis may be spot on for this issue. If those of you that have tried it can report back with your results I would be very interested! I would not want to suggest that players do this unless they are confident in their ability to make the changes. I have not verified that these registry changes will not have adverse affects.

As always make sure that you are updated to the latest version of Windows including all service packs before making changes like this. Infact, issues like these are the prime example of why you should strive to keep your Windows machine up to date.

P.S. Please continue to submit r3d logs if you have not already. If you have already done this, thank you for your contribution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldJustice View Post
@Brentmiester: Aren't these RADS errors in all of these logs a clear indication of a memory leak of some type? Or at the very least an easily identified source of the problem in the client? I'm a lay person when it comes to this stuff but it seems to be common to everyone's logs and rather expensive in the old KB column there.
@BaldJustice
Not a memory leak! The logging simply includes the amount of new memory allocated to the game since the last log message. So anything that happened between the ERROR and the message before it will be logged as a memory increase. The reason these are so large in the log is because these error messages are taking place during loading of the game.

I see that you implemented the fix Lucifiel found. Now that the problem has reoccurred can you go check your registry to verify that your changes haven't reverted?

AuTomnZ

02-09-2012

Lucifiel's regedit changes did not help me at all. Still experiencing FPS drops 10-15 minutes into the game and persists throughout the match. If Riot does not fix this soon, I'm afraid I'll have to leave this game

SoMuchSpaghetti

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuTomnZ View Post
Lucifiel's regedit changes did not help me at all. Still experiencing FPS drops 10-15 minutes into the game and persists throughout the match. If Riot does not fix this soon, I'm afraid I'll have to leave this game
Same, on Win7 (32), FPS plummets to 3~ for a few seconds, then occasionally does it again. Feel bad, man.