Attention Summoners! For those with intermittent FPS drops to ~5FPS for 1-3 Seconds

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman Oz

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlemane View Post
Hey Brentmeister I have a question: does having Spybot - Search and Destroy installed but with no automation activated interfere with the FPS rate?

Also do you know if the antivirus ESET Smart Security have any option that could improve or tamper with my gaming experience?
Just turned off both the firewall and the real-time protection of ESET and it improved my FPS in like 20 to 30 points (I've been playing with something between 10-20 FPS since I know LoL, and always with all the graphics in very low). Disabling all the sounds gave me a plus 10 or so, but I never can get to 60 or more.

So Brentmeister you can add ESET Smart Security to the list of "data hoggers" on your guide

halure

02-07-2012

Here's my junk.

Striggen

02-07-2012

Been experiencing this issue on and off seemingly at random. Though the last few days have been almost constant everytime I've tried to play.

BaldJustice

02-07-2012

Tried every single FPS increasing trick to no avail. Everything that I do only pushes the inevitable problem around. If I play while on skype the drop happens around 15 minutes instead of 20. If I turn off sound and close the client I might make it to 25-30 before it happens. No matter what I always find my way to around 5fps.

On a low end laptop that played and skyped at the same time fine till around 3 patches ago.

@Brentmiester: Aren't these RADS errors in all of these logs a clear indication of a memory leak of some type? Or at the very least an easily identified source of the problem in the client? I'm a lay person when it comes to this stuff but it seems to be common to everyone's logs and rather expensive in the old KB column there.

Lucifiel

02-08-2012

Even though literally 98% of people I have played with or against are d-bags and just want to whine (Seriously, what is wrong with you all? And you know who you are), I will post the results of my troubleshooting and fix.

I stand by my initial assessment of the issue (for me) being throttling or turning off cores.

See attached dxdiag and logs (newest one is 'fixed' and previously 'broken' FPS issue);
FPS stabilised over 60 and the CPU was not shutting down to 1xCore speed.

I tried turning off power saving and advanced power saving core 'states' in the bios (C1, C2 etc)
The issue has somewhat resolved by registry editing to turn off "core-parking";
Use at your own risk and it is a 'work around'. I strongly suggest Riot review the issue that is affected by this 'tweak'.

http://ultimatecomputers.net/forum/v...t=3644&start=0

Feel free to reward me if it proves to be the root of the problem.

BG cinc

02-08-2012

60fps drop 10 or 5fps, random, more common in the fight.

Tried settings, reinstalled win7, update win7, driver, BIOS...etc, all lastest version.

New graphics card HD6850, before NVIDIV GTS250 has the same issue.

iDearest

02-08-2012

Hi. it started to me when the dragonblade talon and sona guqin skin came up...

BaldJustice

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifiel View Post
Even though literally 98% of people I have played with or against are d-bags and just want to whine (Seriously, what is wrong with you all? And you know who you are), I will post the results of my troubleshooting and fix.

I stand by my initial assessment of the issue (for me) being throttling or turning off cores.

See attached dxdiag and logs (newest one is 'fixed' and previously 'broken' FPS issue);

I tried turning off power saving and advanced power saving core 'states' in the bios (C1, C2 etc)
Use at your own risk and it is a 'work around'. I strongly suggest Riot review the issue that is affected by this 'tweak'.

I just played two games with this workout implemented and it has effectively FIXED the issue for me. It certainly doesn't fix whatever client side errors were influencing the cores towards throttling down, but making these registry fixes did in fact make the FPS drops go away.

AuTomnZ

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldJustice View Post
I just played two games with this workout implemented and it has effectively FIXED the issue for me. It certainly doesn't fix whatever client side errors were influencing the cores towards throttling down, but making these registry fixes did in fact make the FPS drops go away.
I've done all that's in the guide. Results report will come later.

BG cinc

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifiel View Post

Forum in Taiwan before someone said something similar, including the turn off to save energy, to adjust the CPU clock and the core, I tried, no effect,but some people do so to solve the problem, and MS KB2646060 hotfix can off core parking.

But I found adjust CPU, often see the problem improve or even more serious.

Sometimes this problem is a temporary solution, like I change somethine and had to play two games, thought to solve, next day the problems back, and then the next day, no problem, the process does nothing to make.

So I suspect the root of the problem is in the game, for example, XXX hero effects abnormal.

In addition, there are many people over the world to study this issue, if give the reward, should be not finished.

12345612 ... 36