Changing "Damage Dealt" to "Damage Dealt to Champions"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mufasa02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

I know a lot of people use the Damage Dealt section of the end-game stats to analyse who actually did most of the work in team-fights.

I just think that this number is somewhat non-representative as it also represents how much damage you dealt to minions and neutral creeps.

This generates some broad miscalculations, as some champions can shred through minion waves while others have to carefully pick the last hits by hand, and, in the end, the latter will show a huge difference in the "Damage Dealt" stat when compared to the former.

So, how about adding the stat "Damage Dealt to enemy Champions". This way, you would know exactly who really damaged the other team and who didn't.

I know this may sound a bit harmful, as it can be perceived as one more "fuel for blaming" after the match ended, since some champions (such as Assassins) excel not in actually dealing damage, but in dealing just the RIGHT amount of damage to the RIGHT targets, which will allow them to rack kills up even though they didn't do the most damage as the Bruisers, or the Sustained APs. Even having that in mind, I still think it's an interesting piece of data to people like me that like to analyze match statistics thoroughly.

Mufasa02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

bumping as no one gave any criticism whatsoever

jcmmnm

03-22-2012

I agree.

yoctobunny

03-23-2012

yes please

rjm3

03-23-2012

It would be a nice addition but like you said yourself, a simple "damage dealt" statistic doesn't really show "how much you helped the team".

Crustaceous

03-27-2012

I would love them to track more stats and display them to the player in a meaningful way. Damage dealt shows nothing, but a separate list for mobs and champion damage dealt is smart. This way you know how successful your build. Assassin champions look terrible when compared to dot champs in the damage tables even if they have the same kills because the mobs are taken into account.

They also need to track how many times before a player did anything constructive like kill, assist, or destroy an objective.

1ST BLO0D

06-05-2012

+1 total damage dealt to enemy champions statistic.

I'd also like to see Damage Taken from Enemy (pre armor/mr mitigation)

HideFromElf

06-06-2012

I very much like this idea. I still play quite a few bot games and the amount of random teammates you get that sit in the bush, let you fight the enemy champ/s without backing you up and then come in for a one hit ks is crazy lol Not too sure what it does for their ego ... Wish there was a report option for unsportmanlike play and they could all be clumped into matches to hide in bushes together.
If able to see the amount of damage dealt to enemy champs maybe these "heroes" will change their focus and actually play as intended as a team - probably not though.
I'd love to see this stat at the end of the game because atm it is ambiguous. And if playing as a team, if you get the kill or assist it is all good.

Vemon

06-08-2012

Sounds like an easy fix, get on it Riot!