Best way to build Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freakjob

02-07-2012

So, I recently picked up our favorite pirate, and have been loving him top, gonna take him to the jungle once I feel I've got a good handle on him. But I've been curious about what his optimal build is. I've been going Wriggles to warmogs to atmas to phage, but I've also seem him built less tanky and still wreck faces. I've also seen that triforce is recommended by a lot of guides, and in fact some suggest that he should rush it very first thing. Obviously it depends on team comp, but what're some key points that are overall essential to his success? Also, runes and masteries: I've been running tanky masteries and defensive/armor pen runes, should I go buy crit chance or AD runes instead? Many thanks, no troll posts plox.

NETHER R0D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

AP Plank... No, I am serious

get a lichbane, Rylai's, and an Hourglass, then whatever else you want, and watch the Assists role in. Also, your Parley w/lichbane hits like a truck on steroids and your oranges heal anywhere from 800 to 1k

The Canadian Kid

02-07-2012

meta golem of course

BigBoySan

02-07-2012

Warmog/Atmas

MisterPlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

6 phantom dancers

InSpades

02-07-2012

boots of mobility, infinity edge, phantom dancer, bood thirster, black cleaver, guardian angle.

Well, at least that is how I go.

wild thang2

02-07-2012

I normally go philo/boots/lantern/sheen/ionian/warmogs/atmas/Tri/ Defensive or IE

Gankah

02-07-2012

Wriggles/Warmogs/Atmas is almost always core but depending on who you are vs you can make a sheen or phage after wriggles or a chain vest if you need some extra armor, you can also go giants belt straight into a atmas if you have enough survivability.

It really just all comes down to who you are vsing.

Wayfear

02-07-2012

I typically run tele/flash and try to concentrate on farming and denying early.

Hard lane: Wriggles to Atmogs to Trinity
Easy lane: Philo to infinity edge to atmog to trinity / PD or whatever you want.

It is really, really easy to snowball if the other player doesn't know how to stop your farm. It really depends on your opponent and your team comp---more tanks on your team (tanky jungler, tanky support) means you can easily build a little more damage if you think the lane phase is going to be long. However, late game you almost certainly want atmog because if you can't get into melee range, your total DPS drops really low because you can only do parleys for direct damage. Earlier in the game, before the laning phase ends, you don't need the attack speed or too much tank because you are parley harassing and trying to last hit creeps .

Arthandir

02-07-2012

depends if you want to go tanky or omg facerape dps

for tanky build boots->wriggle->t2 boots of choice (mercs/tabi) -> warmog/frozen mallet -> atma + negatron -> FoN -> GA or something similar

for dps boots -> zeal -> boots of choice (tabi/merc/berserker) -> ie -> pd -> stack bloodthirsters

dps build only really works when roflstomping noobs, tanky is usually a way better build since you do decent dmg with atma and just wont die

a good guide is
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=11903