I need a mid lane champ, who should I buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thaurron

02-11-2012

Nobody mentioned brand?

He's my favorite ap-mid champion in the game, and has a ton of potential in teamfights, along with a two-second stun for your jungler. He requires skill to play effectively since his two primary damage spells are skillshots, but other than that he's one of the biggest bullies in mid lane.
And remember to get his cryocore skin!

lockpooh

02-11-2012

There are a lot of things to consider, some AP champs start strong but fall off late unless you get some kills and farm in. Skill shots, last hits, range etc all come into play.

I really don't like Ryze & Lux, but I love going mid with Cass & Karthus. Take blue at 4 if you can, push push push with your q, farm jungle, push push push again, farm jungle, push push push, gank top / bot.

It's difficult to force a cass or karthus back if all they want is to push and farm creeps. I can't remember the last time I came out of a game losing mid or getting a negative score with either. They can only carry so hard, but man are they fun.

IshiFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Annie, Cassiopia, Kassadin, Swain, Brand and Ryze are my personal favorites.

Kranbe

02-12-2012

I'm going to be adventurous here, and say Sivir. yes she's a lower level champion in cost, but her moves are decent.

Of course no one compares to Morgana. She's the best, and yes my opinion is biased.

WORST ADC AFRIKA

Recruiter

02-12-2012

Ezreal or Ryze, but I like using Swain for mid.

Espy Psyche

02-12-2012

I actually play Lux in mid usually. I find her extremely effective in mid because you can outrange pretty much everyone. She also has an advantage that an AD champion has in mid -- the ability to quickly push the lane. Lux can outpush most mid champions, and since mid champions tend to have low AD they can't last hit under their own turret. She's also pretty quick and has a good amount of CC, so she can escape a few ganks. I run Ignite/Ghost on her and use CDR blues and CDR per level quints and start Meki +2 for early harass. I build Boots of Swiftness pretty early because it gives me the speed I need to evade ganks, and if she runes for CDR she doesn't really need the CDR from the boots.

Her spells don't hit that hard early on if you don't get any AP till after Tear/Boots like I do, but she can cast them often without worrying about mana and so that makes up for it if you're any good at landing skillshots.

As far as AD champions, Sivir, Caitlyn and Ezreal are all strong mid laners. All three have strong ranged harass, plus they can push the lane which helps against AP champions. Sivir especially is strong in mid, because her shield allows her to block CC (and thus evade ganks), and she can push the lane harder than anyone. Wards are your friend if you try to win a lane by pushing it though. The thing with her is play risky. It's worth it to feed a couple kills to the enemy jungler if it causes their mid laner to have no farm and the mid turret to die ten minutes in.

SmudgePudge

02-12-2012

Can't believe no one mentioned one of the most powerful ap mid pushers in the game - Heimerdinger. I've laned against all the champs mentioned so far and have never been bullied or lost turret with heim. The good cass's, brands, and xeraths were able to push back and they certainly weren't easy to lane against but they also were not sitting at the back of a team fight slowing, stunning and melting peoples faces off mid to late game like I do with heim.

Thaurron

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmudgePudge View Post
Can't believe no one mentioned one of the most powerful ap mid pushers in the game - Heimerdinger. I've laned against all the champs mentioned so far and have never been bullied or lost turret with heim. The good cass's, brands, and xeraths were able to push back and they certainly weren't easy to lane against but they also were not sitting at the back of a team fight slowing, stunning and melting peoples faces off mid to late game like I do with heim.
The problem with heimer is that he falls off even when fed (Or atleast his turrets), and can't carry a game.

Muzukashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

To the cost effective solution ....you already has lux! Play lux! Game needs moar lux!

SmudgePudge

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaurron View Post
The problem with heimer is that he falls off even when fed (Or atleast his turrets), and can't carry a game.
He's definitely not a carry or going to carry, but neither are any of the champs mentioned. And really that isn't what you need from your ap mid. I'm almost always 2+ levels ahead of everyone at lvl 10 and then you can start helping gank top and bott.

I don't know if you've played with or against heim much (judging from this post I would say most really haven't) but once you get a couple ap items on him he is no slouch. You get in a team fight and drop two turrets which are super hard to target in the middle of all the action, then you get a stun/ silence off, and follow it up with missiles to the face of up to three targets (5 if ult is up) and all of a sudden people start melting. Just the utility of the turrets alone make him strong mid to late game.

He's also a great champ to put on turret defense while the rest are baron/ dragon/ pushing/ ganking. Very few champs can push him off a turret when he's defending it.