Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why no new bots for Custom games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

02-07-2012

Ok we got a big update to the bot AI and a ton of new bots added last patch, yet in custom SR we still have the same crappy handful of bots that are even worse than basic bots and bots are still disabled in TT and Dominion. What gives?

TheCeeJay

02-07-2012

It might be because no one really plays a custom game with a five man pre made against a full team of bots. In the video about the new bots they said that they were changing the bots to get people to see more versatile teams in bot games.

I only ever play custom games to test a new champ or build. Just to see if I like the champ or if the build even semi-works because the bots aren't a good indicator of real players. From there I try an intermediate Co-Op/AI game just so that in my first PVP game I know what I'm doing and I don't have to say "this is my first time with this champ."

Custom games are there for two reasons I feel, for testing, and to do pre made games. No one plays them for the challenge of the bots. I've also played a custom game to mess around with ARAM with some friends, but that's considered pre made in my opinion.

Sammym3

02-07-2012

They (A red) said somewhere in the forums that it was coming next patch for Custom game bots to be getting the same update.

Overlord Heian

02-07-2012

Why is this in champion feedback?

That Other Guy

02-07-2012

Quote:
TheCeeJay:
It might be because no one really plays a custom game with a five man pre made against a full team of bots.

That's not what people play custom games for anyway so I don't know why you're even bringing that up. My line of thinking was being able to fill empty slots with bots to even out teams or fill them up and also for when you want to test a full build or something without having to worry about the game ending too fast or having to carry it.