Jarvan IV Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakurai

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbert12 View Post
I feel vayne's tumble getting out of it is bug, seeing as she's not allowed to tumble through normal terrain, but once it comes to jarv's, it instantly becomes ok.
And i've had problems with singed running against the side of the arena and popping ult and being able to walk through it in multiple games. =/
If that's the case it is a bug. When he refers to vayne getting out it's her using her E ( Condemn) To push jarvan out of the arena

Kroghar

02-25-2012

I think the easiest way to fix it, other than just making it act like large terrain that can't be traversed, is to make it apply a 2 second slow as well. If you're trapped in the middle, a 2 second slow won't make any difference anyway, but at least this way if you flash or use an ability to get out you'll still be catchable afterwards.

DuskDodgers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

I agree, it needs some sort of added effect to make it more useful.

The Blinding Ark

02-26-2012

I really think it needs a buff or at least a fix imo

I have walked out of it several times by going towards the top of it :P

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Same problem... I had them walk out top and bottom... I usually fly them up then ult them.
This helped me.

I find throwing them up while they are in it causes the clipping script to mess up, like if one was to dash,jump, or flash out.

Though I am just assuming but give it a try.

Kakakarr0tC4ke

02-26-2012

My suggestion is that j4's ult launches a flag to an area where it slows/pulls any enemy champions within its AoE towards the flag (similar to Galio's ult). J4 can then activate his ult a second time to crush the ground with his walls to inflict dmg. In addition, j4 will send enemies flying towards the inside walls of his cataclysm stunning them for .5 secs. What do you guys think?

Dorsia

02-26-2012

or maybe just have jarvan have some type of personal steroid while in inside his own catacylsm to make up for the ease of jumping out. so if its just you and jarv and you're inside, you're at an even bigger disadvantage. like increased armor pen. kind of like you're in my world now enemy!

Margaroth

02-01-2013

it says he creates a impassable terrain...impassable: IMPOSSIBLE to travel along or over.

LUS Montplaisir

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Sparrow View Post
Well... most of the champs that can dash or something can leave Jarvan IV Cataclysm, except Riven. That thing is kinda sad... I wonder, whats the point of Jarvan IV Ultimate? Do some damage and thats it? I think it needs a fix. I dont know, but I hate playing J4 vs Poppy, Vayne, Nidalee, Graves.

IMO when poppy use Heroic Charge to get out from J4 ultimate, she should be able to aim only champs inside the Cataclysm, same to Condemn.

Thats it. Waiting for some critics and comments.
I main J4, so this kinda frustrates me. I'll go through this piece by piece.
The J4 ult DOES do damage on landing, and a pretty good chunk of it at that. Its amazing when used in conjunction with his other abilities, and used last, AFTER the enemy has burned Flash, and their other movement abilities. The ability to trap isn't so much to land 1v1 fights, but as a utility to either close the distance or give your ADC safe, free hits on the enemy champion(s). As well, many champs DO NOT have an ability that allows them to escape the circle. Most solo tops do, but thats really about it.
For the people who are asking for an extra buff when he pops the ult; you ask for it now, but you and more will very quickly come right back here and complain about how J4 is OP.
As well, to the issues with people walking out; items that buff the avoidance to unit collision allow people to walk through the ult. I would agree that this is something that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, if only because its a hard nerf to the ult that few people are aware of.
Finally, to Misticaltom: you're very, very right. The only thing I would add to your post is that in the middle of a teamfight, the ult can also block up mid lane and allow your team time to escape from a losing battle, or even turn that battle to your favor (cause now the ADC/APC have free shots)

Oopsie Bear

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFuzz3825 View Post
I've been having the same problems too with Jarvan's ult. In fact (don't quote me on this), I think there might be a glitch in the barriers that can have characters move through the bottom portion of the walls without having to use the spin move. Personal example: I tried ulting a Morgana (she did not have that Black Shield on) and she passed through the bottom wall of my ult without even trying.
I've had this same problem in the past with ulting yi while he uses his ult. By the time the wall actually shows up he's in the middle of it so he just zips right out.