What's up with my ping? And why did it change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steelbom

02-06-2012

Hey,

When I first started playing LoL around two years ago, my ping used to be 80 ms. However over time it's gradually gone up over that time and right now most games I play I have a 240 ms ping, and only sometimes 180 ms, which may later go up to 240 ms.

As you can imagine my game play does suffer a bit, especially in fast paced team battles. I'll often find myself clicking a button, or moving, or healing / flashing, but it doesn't go off before I die.

I live in the exact same location, and I'm using the exact same ISP. What exactly is happening? Is this because of some change to the LoL servers or can there be some other cause? EDIT 2: ohai, btw I live in Australia. I've got 30Mb/s down (~3.7MB/s) and 1Mb/s up (~100KBs).

EDIT: And one other thing, recently I've been noticing a lot of flux in my ping. Randomly jumping up to 300, 500, 800 ms when no one else in my household is doing any downloading or uploading. It usually goes back to normal, but sometimes I have to quit the client and come back.

Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Tom4Tom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

bump. mine is doing the same! I start at around 80 ping, and then ten minutes into it im up to 350 ping -.- stupid lag is destroying my rep

steelbom

02-08-2012

Bump!

headgmsalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

wait for RIot to fix