Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominating Dominion! *Version winning Bottom and Pushing Minions*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slyguy6802

02-06-2012

Bottom lane and Pushing is an often overlooked part of Dominion and yet keeping or winning your bottom lane can be the key to success.

Playing an overall strong bottom champion is great but even the strongest bottom champions have their counters. Ex. Yorick’s is arguably one of the best bottom lanners but oddly enough I’ve seen him have a hard time against Master Yi with promote.

Having two or more bottom champions is a great idea. Two picks that I like are Urgot and his AP counter pick, Cassiopeia. Note. Cassiopeia is arguably stronger if you can land all her skill shots. (She is much harder and less reliable though). This gives you flexibility in swapping out bottom when… say their other bottom lanner starts building Armor or MR or Top isn’t doing well? SWAP! Wow, now that’s much better.

Pushing minions. Who has a good argument that pushing minions is not a good idea? I’d love to hear it. Really! Good counter arguments help us all. If you can out push and poke them to death you can actually take a tower without fighting on it or at least force them to use a garrison which can drastically change a fight on the tower. Keep in mind you usually need someone to stop them from wanting to initiate onto your team. Cassiopeia is great since if they all run towards you a proper Ultimate can destroy them.

Now as a counter argument of my own I know that there comes a time when minions can be cleared with one champions skill but keep in mind who can do that. That one skill vs your one skill. Does this make it better for you in terms of engagement? This may seem small but keep in mind there are only 16 skills per team for 4 man team fights. Would you rather want them to have the gold vs another champion on their team? This really isn’t something you should analyze during the game so much but every small thing does make a difference.

The towers and game mode in general although people don’t like to admit it are basically designed similar to Summoners Rift. Which is not hard to conceive since this game was based off of that game mode. A big part of Dominion and SR is Towers. Fighting is fun and all but your main objective should be having the most towers. Now obviously you can’t attack the towers in Dominion but you can do damage to it in other ways.

Don’t know what to do while you friends are down? PUSH. Get some gold under your belt. When playing SR you used to push your lane into the tower to deny gold right? What happened to that? Now gold does get evenly dispersed but 120 gold per wave of minions guys. Over the extent of a 20 minute game that can actually make a big difference. Want Proof? Just look at the bottom lanners ending items vs a non-bottom lanner. Which brings me again to another reason for swapping your bottom lanner out. Your bottom lanner is going to usually be quite strong compared to everyone else mid-late game yet of course taking in to account the champion and such. Sometimes it would be nice to have that edge to obtain or defend windmill.

A lot of people have forgotten what the basic foundations of this game are since doing these things don’t bring on as evident of a win in this new mode. Want to be a pro gamer? It’s Time To Go Back To The Basics.

*KEEP ON PUSHING TILL THE TOWER FALLS*

Jabe

02-06-2012

Quote:
slyguy6802:
Pushing minions. Who has a good argument that pushing minions is not a good idea? I’d love to hear it. Really! Good counter arguments help us all.

You get ganked.

Kiddalee

02-06-2012

Quote:
Jabe:
You get ganked.

Sometimes.

TheFunderstorm

02-06-2012

Master Yi beats Yorick?

Trolololololololololololo

slyguy6802

02-06-2012

Quote:
Jabe:
You get ganked.

Getting ganked is a possibility but you can't gank as a team. Should you not push bottom because you might get ganked? It's risk for reward.

slyguy6802

02-06-2012

Quote:
TheFunderstorm:
Master Yi beats Yorick?

Trolololololololololololo

I have a replay if you'd like to see it. Reason he did so well in my opinion is because Yi took promote and Yorick took exhaust not expecting Yi to be bottom. Yi could kill his gouls quite effectively with his q. Push with his supper minion. Would meditate through the exhaust. Player skill is a part of it but don't disregard what I have to say because of one statement. I did say that I saw this once. Not saying everytime it works.

Zulgaines

02-06-2012

If you're strong enough to roll over the bot lane and push minions, forcing them to come try and gank you then you're doing it right.

Suddenly top is 4v3, 4v2, and if you're really good- kill the ******* that comes down too.

HibbityJibbity

02-06-2012

Quote:
Jabe:
You get ganked.

The whole point of pushing is so you force someone to come after you from top. You really should not be able to hold their bot tower for a reasonably long amount of time unless it's a terrible match up. You should expect and invite being ganked; the only difference between getting ganked and having someone walk from their spawn to their bot to you is just them not being clever. 2v1 bot is a sign of a won bot lane even if you never even neutralize their tower.

Glorious Bird

02-06-2012

Yorick being beaten by Yi? Yeah skill of the players definitely is involved and it has nothing to do with one being good, but one being really bad. Yi's Q isn't even on a good enough cooldown to out push Yorick and it's not so much the ghosts as it is his high damage, sustain, and zoning harass. I'm doubtful that a meditate could actually outheal Yorick's damage. Yorick can probably prop out 3 rotations of ghosts to one alpha strike. That's hardly a saving grace and Yorick WILL beat Yi early even without ghosts giving him absolute command of the heal nodes.

Sure, Yi could probably beat Yorick late game with stacked items and ult on, but so can a few other champions that bring a lot more to the game.

Imwetoddid

02-07-2012

I really hope you're not mistaking AD Yi for AP Yi.