What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

02-07-2012

Shen - you can pretty much build tank items on Ashe and have a better tank with more presence. He needs his revamp ASAP.

Veigar - gap closer tanky DPS and assassins. Victim of the meta.

Garen - reliant on semi-long CDs to deal damage. Solid champ, but a victim of the 3-5 exhausts each game.

Xhyros

02-07-2012

The one Veigar I played with was freakishly awesome. He had a crapton of kiIls, not much deaths, and scored #1. I didn't really see how he was played, as he went up top while I was bottom just about the entire game, but just because he ends up with 50-100 AP less on dominion doesn't take away from the fact that he has the best stun in the game with rather high damage if he can get a few hits.

I've played about 300 dominion games, and I think that was the only Veigar I've seen... so yeah... just putting that out there.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

how does veigar have the best stun in the game. because it's aoe? annie can stun with her W without the awkward conditional on event horizon

qq103

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubsicle View Post
Dr. Mundo

1) Healing reduction hurts his passive AND his ultimate.
2) No hard CC.
3) No reliable gap closer.

He's basically a weak version of Sion.
Cause you haven't seen a good Mundo, his Q+W mid to late game is quite annoy

Xhyros

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
how does veigar have the best stun in the game. because it's aoe? annie can stun with her W without the awkward conditional on event horizon
Does Annie's last 2.5 seconds?

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

his stun is leveled last. unless you want to do no damage in which case you are stuck with another problem.

Draydan

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
Annie's stun has some semi-awkward conditions too.
And it has much smaller AoE.

But veigar's "rainbow strike" is pretty hard to land.

Nny

02-08-2012

I'm going to preface this by saying I have very little experience with the character and I almost never see him in Dominion.

But Zilean is another contender. Very long cooldowns, one nuke, and not the best support spells.

I played him twice.

First time was bottom v.s. a Skarner. I'm sure a more experienced Zilean would have been better but he torched me. Early on it wasn't bad: His shield wasn't very powerful and my bombs were able to stop his waves when I wasn't harassing him with them. But as he gained more equipment/MR and a leveled up shield, I didn't stand a chance. Sure, Q -> W -> Q is a powerful burst, but after that there isn't anything that can be done for damage. Once it got to that point I basically had two options: Fight him on my point, where he'd normally kill me before me/turret would kill him (Or just impale me off turret); Run away and have him zone me while I wait for cooldowns and his minions capture the point. I ended up having to switch because it was pointless continuing to try.

Second time was support top and we lost pretty bad; Definitely not Zilean's fault but he wasn't a help - biggest problem was a couple members of the team thought it was good ideas to tower dive when they had several on their tower and to 3v1 and other good things. But his kit is more of a kit of "This makes a winning team better" rather than "This helps a losing team come back." Revive doesn't mean anything if they're just going to pounce on the guy again right afterwards, and Time Warp is used to save guys who are about to die rather than to chase someone down who's about to die.

Again, small sample size and I'd never say a champion is 'worthless' and queue dodge; The player is more important than the champion. But my limited experience with him is that I personally likely will not touch him on the mode again.

DoctorEvolution

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimike View Post
You take that back right now. I'll give you enough time to watch the recently completed CS NESL finals if you must but you take that back.

D:<
2012-01-23 NESL Dominion Tournament #15 Point Defense vs Yomi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcirWOqLKY

Team with Sona lost by 120 points, the opposition was targeting the Sona to take them down fast when they got a chance. Does anyone have statistics for the win loss of teams with Sona during the tournament, I am very happy to change my opinion. Theoretically Sona should be a very strong pick with MS buff and the ult, though from what I have seen it doesn't seem to pan out. I love Sona in Summoners rift, i just feel there are far better picks in Dominion.

Hmmmm I will admit what I say does refer to solo queue, not 5x5 premade or possibly the highest elo. Any character in the hands of top players can be good, also I feel Sona helps coordinated teams. Also I am just talking about dominion, mainly solo queue, whereas in Summoners Rift, Sona is a god.

Aparkhurst

02-08-2012

A lot of mages just don't have a place in dominion

Swain, Cho'gath, Orianna, and Veigar to name a few.