Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

02-06-2012

a lot of you guys are giving cases for a champion not being bad based on the utility their kit brings.

Great! I can read their kit. The thing is (to quote one of your examples) while Leona Veigar works ok, having Leona + almost any other mage is better for the team.

Mamichan

02-06-2012

Warwick is amazing in most 1v1 situations unless someone can heal debuff him. He can basically keep damaging while outhealing most champs unless they can outdps him hard. Now he is a lot weaker in teamfight situations where he can be focused.
I'm not sure about trash tier, but most ap casters with long cooldowns are pretty subpar. You need to be useful more often and anyone with a long cooldown has issues.
Teemo is mostly trash imho though, he can't 1v1 most champs and his shrooms are only moderate utility. I guess a pro teemo might be another story, but that's like 1 in 50.

caydi

02-06-2012

I play Shen fairly often, and I always do relatively well with him. He has good single target damage early game. Mid game, he has good map presence with his ulti and his damage is still mildly relevant.

The biggest problem comes when the game drags on for too long when his damage becomes really pointless and he becomes a taunt + ulti bot.

My usual build for him is

Mercury's Treads
Spirit Visage
Randuin's Omen / Sunfire Cape (depends on the enemy)

What else I build from there depends on how the game is going.

Flowurbridge

02-06-2012

Warwick is universally considered to be top tier, and is always banned or picked.

He is disgustingly easy to play (requires no skill) and IMO, his E is overpowered.

My guess is low elo players do not know how to build him.

Quote:
Draydan:
This thread is not QQ. Its a suggestion to discuss which champs arent reliable versus usual team comps of Dominion.

Anyway. I noticed that some champions have much worse win chance than others in Dominion.
Of course if player is good he can wtfpwn with any champ but its all about large numbers, not the exceptional games.
Its NOT about coordinated premades, its about SoloQ

I wanted to ask you - what champs do you see as bad in Dominion?
What champs do you ask you teammates not to lock?
What champs do you Qdodge if teammate locked them?

Champions that people mentioned so far:

Ashe (most of Ashes that I've seen cannot carry.Good Ashes had very good team, maybe it let them shine. Ashe lacks dashes and her only hard CC is better be saved for far point defence)
Teemo (tho sometimes Teemo players pwn, more often they are below average. I suppose he has some specific optimal build, that is not widely known yet. I tried several build on Teemo but after ~1500 I failed most of time)
Warwick (seen several good, seen alot of bad. Maybe healing reduction hurts WW too much. Also weak CC for 1v1)
Garen (strong champ but most of Garens do not carry their team to victory. Idk why, his Spin should shine on defence)
Shen (considered weak on SR and doesnt have outstanding utility in Dominion. His tricks usually need coordinated team with him to shine)
Veigar (no time to farm Q, no dash, low cast ranges. Also weak vs ADs which are kings of Dom)

Lets discuss this!
I do not call champs OP or UP, I just want to know what champions should be avoided in Dom. For now.

TL;DR Lets discuss Champions that arent good enough for SoloQ Dominion.

Scrubsicle

02-06-2012

Dr. Mundo

1) Healing reduction hurts his passive AND his ultimate.
2) No hard CC.
3) No reliable gap closer.

He's basically a weak version of Sion.

jars

02-06-2012

if shen is mid tier than who exactly is he better than?

also ww is pretty much top tier

Wanton Havoc

02-06-2012

I play Shen in dominion quite regularly, and I tend to win more than anything with him. I build tank/survival. His damage isn't great but he is a tank. When I show up with my ult the AD carry I ulted wll survive an otherwise deadly situation. And with my taunt I can take plenty of pressure off the carries who are squishy. Where do you people get the idea that Shen is bad? Too many bad Shen's out there? I do well with him everytime I play him.

Cauldrath

02-06-2012

Personally, I've never seen a Tryndamere or AD Yi do well, but my elo is steadily slipping into the gutter.

Glorious Bird

02-06-2012

If Ashe is bad then so is every other ranged AD champion. She suffers only to gap closes just like pretty much every other AD carry. Her damage isn't the best, sure, but she can AOE slow. A good Ashe mops up and secures kills quite safely up top as long as you have a competent team.. Which I guess does fall into the arranged team area.

Warwick is also good. On hit/tankiness is does a fairly good amount of damage, but most of all some really, really good sustain.

Hobocop

02-06-2012

Quote:
Glorious Bird:
If Ashe is bad then so is every other ranged AD champion. She suffers only to gap closes just like pretty much every other AD carry. Her damage isn't the best, sure, but she can AOE slow. A good Ashe mops up and secures kills quite safely up top as long as you have a competent team.. Which I guess does fall into the arranged team area.

The difference between Ashe and virtually every other AD carry in the game is that those champs have the tools to get enemies with gap closers off of them at least for a few seconds so they can continue to do damage without getting punched in the face. Only other ranged carry in the game that shares Ashe's vulnerability to gap closers is Kog'Maw, but he has obscene range from his W and ult to continue to contribute damage to fights without being at risk.