What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion?

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardailec View Post
The champs you picked OP aren't bad, you just ran into bad players. The fact that you nominated Warwick just highlights this.

The current meta right now is TankyDPS/Attack Damage Casters are king. Who do they counter? Usually the squishier, but very powerful carries.

Veigar is in an unfortunate position because in order to be strong he needs to farm minions with his Q. Unlike Nasus who has a similar mechanic, he's as soft as a feather pillow. Also, unlike say Xereth, who also does not have an escape and is soft he has a much smaller range.

On the AD side we have a similar issue. What AD carry has no flash, dash, or passive movement speed? The answer is Ashe, Kog'maw and Twitch. Looking at those three however, Ashe is understandably the weakest due to Kog's range and Percent based damage and Twitch has his Stealth.

Finally, there is Mundo. Mundo...is in this weird place right now. In an era where Most if not all Bruisers have a form of gap-closer Mundo has his Cleaver and his Ultimate, which is nerfed due to the crystal aura. He cannot build straight damage or he'll just die, but he cannot build straight tank because He'll be ignored until everyone else is dead. And so far trying to hybridize with him hasn't really proven effect.

TLR, Veigar Ashe and Mundo due to power creep and unfriendly mechanics in Dom.
I've found 2xBelts -> PD -> lifesteal -> more PD+Lifesteal to be pretty effective on Dominion Mundo. I experimented with him alot.
Surge suits him fine.
Also Cleanse or just some Tenacity (I prefer Cloak+Dagger)

Panwar

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
Well, its not just my opinion, how I already wrote. Its observations in 550+ games.
Regardless of how many games it's still your opinion. Teemo is situational. Against right-clickers he is awesome. Against AD casters and some others he is pretty poor. Shen sucks. Bad players aside Warwick is pretty dang strong. I don't get the 1v1 thing. WW is one of the best 1v1'ers in the game.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Regardless of how many games it's still your opinion. Teemo is situational. Against right-clickers he is awesome. Against AD casters and some others he is pretty poor. Shen sucks. Bad players aside Warwick is pretty dang strong. I don't get the 1v1 thing. WW is one of the best 1v1'ers in the game.
Its not my opinion, its my observation. You know the difference, I suppose.

I made XLS table with information about games played. With weak and strong champs etc.

Teemo and Warwick didnt shine alot in my gamesafter 1400-1500. They did sometimes and that surprised me alot. But it always were with good _coordinated_ teams behind them.

Basoosh

02-06-2012

The two champions I find the most putrid are Veigar and Shen. They of course have some redeeming qualities, but they're just too far outclassed by other options.

Panwar

02-06-2012

Quote:

I made XLS table with information about games played. With weak and strong champs etc.

Teemo and Warwick didnt shine alot in my gamesafter 1400-1500. They did sometimes and that surprised me alot. But it always were with good _coordinated_ teams behind them.
So what are you basing it on? Score(which is not reflective of actual contribution)? Win/Loss(which could be due to a number of things-including the other 9 champs)? What?

You say you have 500 or so games of Dom. But you say that those two champs became lackluster after 1400-1500 elo. How many games at that elo do you have data for?

How do you differentiate between a coordinated team vs not-coordinated. How do you differentiate between a champ that just get's lucky sometimes, and a champ that is excellent but has a high skill requirement. Do you take into account champs that were just plain built wrong?

It would have been better had you just been voicing your opinion. If you are going to get all sciencey then you need to be pretty stringent. You need an extremely large sample size, and it would be better if you were getting your data from somewhere besides your own games.

lbgsloan

02-06-2012

Shen is the only champion I've failed to see anyone get to work. His kit just doesn't do anything someone could do better, and is in dire need of a rework. Mundo isn't very good either, the healing debuff screws with his ult too much.

The LORD saves

02-06-2012

Saw a Warwick at 1700 elo yesterday, he was 15 and 3 with lots of assists, caps, and neutralizations.

I looked at his items and didn't see anything special. So it's all about skill.

On the other hand I've never seen a good shen in my 900 games of dominion.

DonkeyTheBard

02-06-2012

I`ve have one good game with Shen, i stacked HP items.

MrEnglish22

02-06-2012

Quote:

You use those words, but I do not believe you know what they mean.
indigomontoya.jpg

Seriously though- the champs you named are good picks for dominion, especially Garen, Warwick, and Teemo. They may not be the best champs, but the appeal of dominion is that Riot built it specifically to reduce the amount of difference between champ power levels.

DramaticBear

02-06-2012

Shen
Shen
Shen

And Veigar.

123456 ... 8