Im having issues with Olaf in dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Its just "meh"

=(

I love ma bro but its just meh on dominion :/

either do awesome or suck horribly.

Late game I even get up to 60+ arpen + 52% if i grab the last whisper, but still i don't kill **** fast enough without ulti.

Edit:

I have gotten slightly better with olaf (check my match history I guess), but early game he just seems like a flop, by 15 min though hes ****ting on anything... as long as he can get his Q and catch up, which is really hard on dominion cause of speed shrines

larkhill

02-04-2012

olaf's build is actually quite simple. he scales off pure atk speed. AD and AP are both fairly useless (though ad is decent i guess). u only need as much survivability as u need to survive. anything more hurts ur dps. ur not a tank.

with that said, ive had decent success with an on-hit build. wits end, boots, kitae's, ionic. last whisper when needed. if u need survivability, grab entropy. olaf works as a very good anti-tank as he's durable enough to survive tank/bruiser dps but deals a lot more than they can handle due to true dmg.

his problem is, of course, burst dps and being kited. and thats enough of a problem to not pick him.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
olaf's build is actually quite simple. he scales off pure atk speed. AD and AP are both fairly useless (though ad is decent i guess). u only need as much survivability as u need to survive. anything more hurts ur dps. ur not a tank.

with that said, ive had decent success with an on-hit build. wits end, boots, kitae's, ionic. last whisper when needed. if u need survivability, grab entropy. olaf works as a very good anti-tank as he's durable enough to survive tank/bruiser dps but deals a lot more than they can handle due to true dmg.

his problem is, of course, burst dps and being kited. and thats enough of a problem to not pick him.
i agree other than kited, if his ult was a slightly lower cd he would be a lot better, he needs it in team fights and its more or less like "my ults down i can't do ****"

ill try an onhit style build next

alasknd

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post

Not just Brolaf but most melees are rather vulnerable to burst dps, and your latter issue can be largely mitigated by building frozen mallet since q can normally ensure at least 1 hit on a target. I'm not so sure about stacking lots of attack speed on brolaf either, as at low health you would start wasting some of the passive, and you can only get off so many auto attacks anyways if you're rotating in q and e whenever they're up. Olaf may not be the best on dom, but he's definitely one of the most efficient 1v1 champs and a rather survivable bruiser.

LordJerichoSwain

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasknd View Post
Not just Brolaf but most melees are rather vulnerable to burst dps, and your latter issue can be largely mitigated by building frozen mallet since q can normally ensure at least 1 hit on a target. I'm not so sure about stacking lots of attack speed on brolaf either, as at low health you would start wasting some of the passive, and you can only get off so many auto attacks anyways if you're rotating in q and e whenever they're up. Olaf may not be the best on dom, but he's definitely one of the most efficient 1v1 champs and a rather survivable bruiser.
i tried a new build and i like it a lot, 3 hit a kayle before she could even use her ult lol.

executioners calling, ionic spark, madreds version on dominion, zerker boots, black clever, frozen mallet.

may mix around with that build but it was **** good that game, even if i was up against a kyle that shielded herself a lot xD

whatwhatintehbut

02-04-2012

bump

KimKelley

02-04-2012

Not really sure he scales with AS per se.

LordJerichoSwain

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
Not really sure he scales with AS per se.
the on-hit ionic spark/razor works really well with him late game imo.

Glorious Bird

02-04-2012

Olaf needs a team. His Q isn't a reliable gap closer. He needs a little CC to make him truly shine otherwise you'll just get focused down like a slower killing Poppy without an invulnerability.

Elalya

02-04-2012

Learn how to use your Q. It's a hard skill to use and it requires some practice but mastering it will make it a much more effective gap closer. Besides that, get a fatmas and then build tanky. Force of Nature is espescially effective on him because he needs the movement speed more than most. Shurellia's is also a great item. Even though it's generally picked up by a support, not all dominion comps need a support champion and so if your team doesn't have one pick it up.

It's kind of silly to get a bloodrazor on him...