Shadow of the Maven(SonaXTalon)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BladeAngelx

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowExuberant View Post
this may be a bit inconvenient, but id like to point out that sona is demacian, not ionian.
"Sona has no memories of her true parents. As an infant, she was found abandoned on the doorstep of an Ionian adoption house, nestled atop an ancient instrument in an exquisite case of unknown origins"

^ That quote come directly from the League website under Game Info -> Champions.

What can truly be said about Sona is that no one knows what her actual race is as she was an infant when she was took in by an Ionian Adoption house. Seeing as it was Ionia that took care of her when she was young we draw the conclussion that regardless of origin she holds her faiths to Ionia thus making her an Ionian.

I appreciate the tip but the information that I have is accurate, hope you're enjoying the story though.

EDIT:

Also nothing in her lore, appearance, in-game dialouge points towards any connection to Demacia.

WowExuberant

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeAngelx View Post
"Sona has no memories of her true parents. As an infant, she was found abandoned on the doorstep of an Ionian adoption house, nestled atop an ancient instrument in an exquisite case of unknown origins"
correct, so it could potentially be lokfarians for all we know.

Quote:
What can truly be said about Sona is that no one knows what her actual race is as she was an infant when she was took in by an Ionian Adoption house. Seeing as it was Ionia that took care of her when she was young we draw the conclussion that regardless of origin she holds her faiths to Ionia thus making her an Ionian.
she stayed in an orphanage in her early years, which can hardly be said to be expressive of a regions culture anywhere, was adopted and then raised and still resides in demacia. there are many examples of people embracing adoptive heritages under even smaller timeframes and at older ages then here.

Quote:
Also nothing in her lore, appearance, in-game dialouge points towards any connection to Demacia.
interesting that you bring that up, from my point of view it is exactly her ingame quotes and apperance that make that connection. her classic skin consist of demacian blues and yellows, and her diologue consists of notational terms deriving from the classical music period, which more closely follows a eurocentric archetype. additionaly, the references to order and justice, with implications of using force (or her music in this particular case) to achieve those ends, is consistent with the average demacian outlook.

BladeAngelx

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowExuberant View Post
correct, so it could potentially be lokfarians for all we know.

she stayed in an orphanage in her early years, which can hardly be said to be expressive of a regions culture anywhere, was adopted and then raised and still resides in demacia. there are many examples of people embracing adoptive heritages under even smaller timeframes and at older ages then here.

interesting that you bring that up, from my point of view it is exactly her ingame quotes and apperance that make that connection. her classic skin consist of demacian blues and yellows, and her diologue consists of notational terms deriving from the classical music period, which more closely follows a eurocentric archetype. additionaly, the references to order and justice, with implications of using force (or her music in this particular case) to achieve those ends, is consistent with the average demacian outlook.
You make well rounded arguements and I praise you for that. But I will stick to what is within my comfort limits and not try to draw assumptions that I have no place making. Seeing as the only true thing that says anything about any sort of origin is the adoption house that is why I believe she is Ionian. Her in game quotes don't draw me to believe that she is connected to demacia, as it is only relevant that the "Maven of the Strings" would make quotes about music and seeing as her instrument resembles instruments used by Orchestra's and stuff it further reinforces her quotes. I do not mean to offend but I like to try and change as little as possible. I'm not sure that her being an Ionian or a Demacian really changes the underlying theme of the story in that it's still odd for a Noxian to "date" outside another Noxian. Ionian seemed the most logical when I began writing this story and I'm sure that the vast majority of players draw the conclusion that Sona is an Ionian.

I really do appreciate your insight and I can see the logic of your statements.

Paladin of Light

03-07-2012

Just read the first few chapters - brilliantly written. I wish I could write this good but alas, my skills are not honed for this type of writing.

WowExuberant

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeAngelx View Post
You make well rounded arguements and I praise you for that. But I will stick to what is within my comfort limits and not try to draw assumptions that I have no place making. Seeing as the only true thing that says anything about any sort of origin is the adoption house that is why I believe she is Ionian. Her in game quotes don't draw me to believe that she is connected to demacia, as it is only relevant that the "Maven of the Strings" would make quotes about music and seeing as her instrument resembles instruments used by Orchestra's and stuff it further reinforces her quotes. I do not mean to offend but I like to try and change as little as possible. I'm not sure that her being an Ionian or a Demacian really changes the underlying theme of the story in that it's still odd for a Noxian to "date" outside another Noxian. Ionian seemed the most logical when I began writing this story and I'm sure that the vast majority of players draw the conclusion that Sona is an Ionian.

I really do appreciate your insight and I can see the logic of your statements.

what we also know is true for fact is that she was raised in demacia by demacian foster parents.

it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine as you might have noticed by now, lots of players do tend to assume she is ionian offhand, but lots of players also do not read the lore pages (ad populem, ect ect).

and you have no need to worry about offending me, i should hope im able to enjoy works on their own merits outside of minor annoyances. certainly shipping the two would require a greater feat of literary gymnastics if not portrayed as ionian, but in my opinion that makes for more interesting stories.

rose tinted glasses and all that.

BladeAngelx

03-07-2012

Yeah in order to change that around I'd have to rewrite quite a few sections and in all honesty i might have to rethink my entire approach to the story, I did fail to remember her foster parent was a Demacian, but in both regards it can be said she is Demacian and Ionian. For early years of her life Ionian, and then later was moved to a Demacian household. I do believe the story flows much smoother with her being an Ionian given the information i've come up with so far. I'm sorry about the minor annoyance but I don't see myself wanting to change it and having to rewrite all this.

Also those sunglasses are pretty boss, imma look into getting a pair of those lady killers xD

BladeAngelx

03-07-2012

Was feeling incredibly generous today and released chapter 20. I'm sorry if 20 isn't up to par with the other sections of the story, but I felt that I needed a little bit of filler there, instead of just jumping ahead in time to when Talon would be back at full health. Hope everyone is enjoying the story still and the will be great things to follow.

ImperfectSanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Lol bro this story made my day im stuck without lol for a while so you have my deepest thanks for an amazing story

xXrekmaster69Xx

03-09-2012

That is one fantastic story, and I may even go as far to say that is one of, if not THE best, story I've read here so far. Absolutely wonderful.

BladeAngelx

03-09-2012

Thanks you everybody for the kind comments and support, I'm really glad that I can bring you guys a story that you actually want to read and I hope that I can continue to keep you all reading.

Seeing comments like all the ones I've recieved so far makes it completely worth my time to keep writing this.

Thanks Again
-Blade