Ask a top 100 player anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schell Shock

02-05-2012

Just hit 2157 elo which is #99 on the ladders. I played mostly AD carries to get to this elo but when I play mid I play Ryze and when I play top I play Yorick.

Here's my Ryze guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=21424
Corki Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=23495
Ask away!

Milestones:
Edit: I've answered over 125 questions now, keep em coming! I RESPOND TO ALL OF THEM!!
Edit2: Over 200 answered now!!! I still answer all questions but please read FAQ before posting!
Edit3: I'm still answering questions and keeping this thread active because of the amount of great info in this thread. It's helped a lot of people and I hope to continue that!
Edit4: Just hit 2226 Back in the top 100!
Edit5: Over 400 questions answered now :O it's finally slowing down though. I'll still be checking this thread daily.
Edit6: 500 questions answered!
Edit7: Hit my new top elo 2254
Edit8: Got #1 top play of the week week 67! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkMoW7yJVo
Edit9: 100k views! Thanks guys
Here's my stream: (Ill post when its on)
http://www.own3d.tv/live/109685/Schell_Shock

FAQ:

Q: Best AD Carry?
A: Corki. Best scaling, tons of burst, and high mobility.

Q: Most fun AD carry?
A: Ezreal. (Yes he's viable and very strong)

Q: Tips for low elo?
A: Get better mechanically. Last hit. Ward. Learn when to trade with your lane opponent. Force objectives when you are ahead. Browse thread for more in depth advice.

Q: Does elo hell exist?
A: No. Everyone has their own "elo hell" that they are in and cannot get out of simply because they are not good enough to move up any higher.

Q: What do you build on X AD carry?
A: Always IE first then Phantom dancer. Wriggles first if you really are losing lane hard. Tri force is a luxury item.

Q: One more thing.. I prefer boots/3p for AD to start. Do you strictly do this, or pay attention to their carry and change up between dorans/boots in games?

Can you give me an example of a lane combo bot that I would want doran's instead of boots/3p?

A: GOOD question! Boots 3 pots is what i get 90% of the time. I will get doran's blade when I KNOW that I can easily win trades lvl 1 and not have to go back. For example, Taric/Sivir is a wonderful lane because it is a guaranteed hit for your boomerang and you will not take much damage, if any, back! Only do this when you have Sona or Soraka though as you will need the heal.

Q: Are women attracted by ELO?
A: Yes. But you must disregard them to keep it high.

Q: The origin of your summoner name?
A: I used to play FPSs like COD and BF. My last name also starts with Schell. Put the two together and bam!

Q: It is a well known fact that women find Elo attractive. However, you have also postulated that Elos need come before hoes, lest Elo be lost. Have you considered the possibility that it is actually the disregard required to gain Elo, and not the Elo itself, which makes the Elo bearer more attractive?
A: Women always want what they can't have.

iRatherPlayDota

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

What is the meaning of life?

xXsimplicityXx

02-05-2012

I'm cooking a quishe, should l add bacon and corn? Or just bacon?

Schell Shock

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRatherPlayDota View Post
What is the meaning of life?
Disregard women, acquire elo.

Vladdypoo

02-05-2012

how many support rivens and jungle ziggs' did you have to go through to get to your elo

Schell Shock

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsimplicityxx View Post
i'm cooking a quishe, should l add bacon and corn? Or just bacon?
moar bacon

1wheel

02-05-2012

i've dropped 700 elo from where i was last season

wut do now?

Moltra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Who is your least favorite champion to face or see in general, and why?

Schell Shock

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wheel View Post
i've dropped 700 elo from where i was last season

wut do now?
From looking at your ranked stats...find a champion you are actually good at and start carrying.

Superbone1

02-05-2012

Easiest way to carry a team? Used to be play a jungler, what is it these days? I hear AD bottom (but I fear having a bad support).

EDIT: For reference I do ward, quite frequently, both the enemy jungle and my own.