Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top Corki player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DukeOfKnights

07-22-2010

I was wondering who was the top Corki player, I'm pretty clueless about what to build on him. I usually rush a catalyst and boots, and then an IE, but I've read that Trinity Force is good on him, and that I should be using Black Cleaver instead of IE.

So I wanted to know who the top Corki player is, so I can see what kind of build that person uses.

BarrSupport

07-22-2010

im not the best corki player(only been playing him for 2 weeks)... but trust me. trinity force isnt that good on him(for my playstyle it isnt. you should try it out though)
i dont go for IE... but i usually rush black cleaver, then get catalyst.
Alot of the good corki players get catalyst first though
(i might do better if i went for IE instead of black cleaver... but ive never tried it)
LATE GAME TURN CATALYST INTO BANSHEES. REALLY HELPFUL IF U HAVE THE MONEY
If you find the best one, would you mind posting it so i can see him?

SirTamarin

07-22-2010

idk who the top corki is, but i am doing pretty well with him in normal and when i could play ranked, and i think ie should wait. /usually i get phage and bloodthirster and boots, and depending on the game, trinity force or frozen mallet. To lay it out

Boots, 3 health pots
Phage, vampire scepter
bloodthirster
finish boots
trinity force/black cleaver
black cleaver/frozen mallet
IE
Dancer

Works for me.

Enforcer

07-22-2010

Corki needs damage , damage , and damage ...
A plain Crit table rune setup works really well for him as 10% of his damage is True . So the more crits , the better . I start off with a Doran's Blade and a HP pot , and basically save up for a B.F sword since farming with him is really easy . From that point i get the items to build up infinity edge while at the same time getting berserker greaves .
This setup works really well , and very often , i get a decent k/d ratio
Just focus on DPS , a little attack speed , and phantom dancer as one of the later items , and you should be fine . The main thing is how you use your skills

Xzeric

07-22-2010

Last I checked Phreaks most played was Corki you might wanna check there.

Kishu

07-23-2010

Quote:
Ethorion:
Corki needs damage , damage , and damage ...
A plain Crit table rune setup works really well for him as 10% of his damage is True . So the more crits , the better . I start off with a Doran's Blade and a HP pot , and basically save up for a B.F sword since farming with him is really easy . From that point i get the items to build up infinity edge while at the same time getting berserker greaves .
This setup works really well , and very often , i get a decent k/d ratio
Just focus on DPS , a little attack speed , and phantom dancer as one of the later items , and you should be fine . The main thing is how you use your skills

Zerker Greaves are actually good on Corki?

Reppuken

07-23-2010

Don't build Berserker greaves. Build Mercury Treads or Boots of Swiftness.

Corki needs a lot of raw damage, so Infinity Edge or Black Cleaver will suit you well, and Trinity Force will likely cripple you for how much you spend.

Sacrolicious

07-23-2010

No.

Start with mana saph 2 pot, build into cata, then sorc boots or mercs depending on what you're against, then LW, Bansh, IE, Cleaver, etc.

I find the pen helps a lot cause of his terrible ap ratios. Rockets hurt.

DukeOfKnights

07-23-2010

Quote:
Guias:
No.

Start with mana saph 2 pot, build into cata, then sorc boots or mercs depending on what you're against, then LW, Bansh, IE, Cleaver, etc.

I find the pen helps a lot cause of his terrible ap ratios. Rockets hurt.

LW?

So, I should use MPen runes?

SwiftySuspect

07-23-2010

1.) magusprime (540)
2.) h3w0 (296)
3.) Juzzam (263)
4.) Dark Spartan (257)
5.) Blacklungs (230)
6.) MrGrimm999 (163)
7.) howiplaeydisgaem (140)
8.) Neverlike (127)
9.) Reflectia (120)
10.) MILEYCYRUSHERPES (107)