Using a controller to play LOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deerpoob

07-22-2010

So I recently installed a program called Motioninjoy, which essentially allows you to hook up a PS3 controller to the computer, using it for games that let you use a xbox 360 controller and normal usb controllers, however I noticed today it allows you to use custom inputs, not just key's but actually allows you to control the mouse as well, so I decided to see how LOL works with a ps3 controller, here are my controls

left control stick is the mouse

square, X, O, triangle are QWER respectively

pushing in left stick is D and right stick is F

L1 is left mouse Click R1 is right

L2 is CTRL for ease of picking abilities, R2 is the number 2, so I can use potions and the like.

I played as Garen, since 3 of his moves do not require clicks I thought he would be the best choice, and guess what? its actually quite playable! I was able to lane with ease, even getting the lizard buff (I was playing TT) overall its quite fun just to try, but remember that champions like Ezreal would be infinitely more difficult to play, but things like buying items, managing your inventory, and maneuvering through the map are all surprisingly easy, if you have the methods you should definitely give it a shot!

DayDemonz

07-22-2010

lol! that'd be hard but fun.

Jeepers Creepers

07-22-2010

if it has the same response time and sensitivity of the mouse it would be easier i would think

Femmefatality

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creepers View Post
if it has the same response time and sensitivity of the mouse it would be easier i would think
This. Im half and half with the idea. Only cause I've been converted to PC gaming while I've been a console gamer since I could hold a controller in my hands.

VoG Nova

07-22-2010

did you try it out in ranked?

shing0

07-22-2010

yea right try throwing a clutch javelin with nidalee with a controller lol

deerpoob

07-22-2010

the response time and sensetivy are either spot on or VERY close, i wouldnt want to aim skillshots with a control, but using someone like garen or udyr is actually completly doable.

edit: no i wouldnt want to try a real match XD it was just a practice game with bots, eventually i might move up to actual people.

chrisluissanc1

12-27-2011

acully if u change your qwer key to be ur smartcasting keys all skillshots are extremly easy to land

Prosim

12-27-2011

at first i wanted to play lol with a controller cause i was new to mobas. My friend convinced me not to. Im glad he did cause i cant see my self playing with a controller now.