Ranked ELO system. seriously?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saisaith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
I realize your confusion. I'll do my best to explain. Its not as much about winning and losing as who you play when you win or lose. The ranking system is based on level of difficulty. This can be very annoying because you may get a team with a lot lower elo than you while your team will have an average elo around you and you will lose a lot.

No, its not fair. Neither is life, but those who rise in the rankings find a way to overcome it. You can whine all you want, but if you want to be elite you must play with and beat the elite.
This is about right!

I highly recommending trying as hard as you can every game, doing this will create a better gaming experience for everyone on your team and the other team and will encourage better game play, which ideally will lead to a lot less trolling, leaving, and flaming.

Good luck with the Elo system and with your ranked matches!

TikalKeria

02-06-2012

I wish it would factor in your score even if you lose (correct me if I'm long but I believe it doesn't do this) like last week I went 24/6/13 in ranked as LeBlanc mid-we still lose because all the other lanes lost (even though I ganked constantly after killing mid) and were underfed and underfarmed. I lose ELO. this isn't fair.

Kie

02-06-2012

Hey i just looked you up on lolstatistics.com and you're mistaken. Your elo gain and loss for the past few games were... -17 16 -16 -17 -18 I'm sorry but that's what you've trully lost and gained in the past few games.

Also you have 29 wins with a 1.07 w/l ratio but did you lose your first few games? If so those first few games are worth like 30+ points a peice man. So that's probably why you're low

Shadowraven12

02-06-2012

It's sad to see so many people lie to you. Let me jsut give it to you straight up. Riot hates you and is trolling u. problem? XD (coughsarcasmcough)

Saisaith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkun Dark View Post
Hey i just looked you up on lolstatistics.com and you're mistaken. Your elo gain and loss for the past few games were... -17 16 -16 -17 -18 I'm sorry but that's what you've trully lost and gained in the past few games.

Also you have 29 wins with a 1.07 w/l ratio but did you lose your first few games? If so those first few games are worth like 30+ points a peice man. So that's probably why you're low
Nicely done!

You may have heard this around, the first 20 games of Elo (Ranked play) are considered provisional. This means that they will give you a substantial amount so that they can properly determine what Elo rating you should be placed at as a player.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions regarding this feel free to add me in game!

EleJames

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkun Dark View Post

I have not stopped playing ranked. at the beginning of the season i won my first 4 or 5 with taric. boosting my elo up to 1338. I have won 2 ranked games that gave 7 and 8 elo. i have never lost a game that took less than 12.

Lay You Down

02-12-2012

I started with 1200 ELO to, but i still cant explain this, i have 13 wins above and my ELO is waayy low.
Check it out: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/winse.jpg/

Stolypin Necktie

Recruiter

02-12-2012

Say you are a team with an average of 1300 elo.

If you play against a 1250~ elo team (for example):
> On a win: Less elo gain than usual
> On a loss: More elo loss than usual

Vs. 1350~ elo team:
> On a win: More elo gain than usual
> On a loss: Less elo loss than usual

Vs. 1300~ elo team:
> Both elo gain and elo loss are about the same.

Lay You Down

02-12-2012

got it, but still 950 elo with my games 90/70 is like lol... is that even possible ?

CatchandKiss

02-12-2012

Also you need to keep in mind that 1200 is not the average in LoL - it just used to be average before minus 20 penalties for the wankers that queue dodge started dragging it right down. Now only 25% of players are 1200 or above.