Ryze is OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDrinKMaplESyruP

07-22-2010

So, Ryze is pretty much my favorite champ to play with. I was playing with my friend who is a much higher lvl than me yesterday and i actually do good in a couple of games. because of rage of me doing better than him or something, he claims that Ryze is OP which I do not agree with. However i am new to this game so i might not know. not that him being OP will make me stop using him but it will let me know. So, is Ryze considered OP to you?

xpsychedelico

07-22-2010

No, Ryze is not OP, and he's certainly inferior compared to a caster like Annie, or Anivia. Ryze is most powerful mid game, at level 6-11 when he has his ult. After that, he really becomes lackluster if not fed to oblivion. Once he gets his ult, never try to kill him 1v1, you will fail. Stay with your team, and focus him down after he has cast all his spells, he can't do anything substantial while waiting for cooldowns. If you are taking too much damage, get a negatron clock to build into Banshee's Veil late game and you will be good. If you are laning with him, it's a good idea to get a Null Magic Resist Cloak, and you will probably survive his ult at level 6.

Very easy to counter, not OP at all.

TildeMerand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

He can't be all that high level if he thinks Ryze is OP. -.-

As has been said, Ryze is not OP. He takes a bit of quick thinking to avoid his damage, and Banshee's def. helps.

Malzahearty Soup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-22-2010

Ryze is considered one of the balanced casters. He has burst damage but no hard CC like Annie. Ryze was nerfed like 3 times as well a while ago, so apparently Riot now thinks he's in a balanced spot.

Brontobeuf

07-23-2010

Ryze has few exotic ways to build him that can generate insane amount of damage during mid game. Don't underestimate him.

Weaknesses:
- after his spells, he has to wait for CD to be up.
- if not fed, he will be close to inofensive.
- he's squichy.

Strenghs:
- strong aoe magic combo
- insane mana pool & AP (or CDR) when built properly

He's good, not OP. Buy some MR if he starts to get too much kills, and it's pretty much it.

Volpes

07-23-2010

He is only OP at low levels. Once you play the game a little more, people will realize that he has a very short range and learn some counters to him.

McBruha

07-23-2010

I would tell your friend "get on my level", lol. As stated above, easy to counter, but you have to know thy enemy. Has he ever played Ryze, try switching seats with him some time and teach him how Ryze works. Have him teach you his favorite hero in return. By doing this, you'll both become stronger players.

BACKSTABUUU

07-23-2010

All you really need is Banshee Veil and Mercury treads for a tanker, and wit's end for a dpser, those both will crush Ryze pretty hard.

Arkensth

07-23-2010

Silence/stun + Ryze = dead Ryze. That is all.

Cadekong

07-23-2010

I'm a low ELO, but I've been wondering if he was OP as well. I did a practice match to practice as Kassadin. Though I still won the match, about midway through, Ryze became able to snare me and follow up with a 2-3 shot KO. I later played a normal match with someone playing Ryze. Even after grabbing some magic resistance items, he still destroyed. Any advice and/or strategies?