Cass or Vlad?

Cassiopeia 104 65.82%
Vladimir 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Cassiopeia against Vladimir Mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaranus

02-05-2012

Who would win this matchup, assuming both players are of a high skill level and know how to play their respective champions?
From what I've seen, Cass has:

• good range
  • amazing sustained damage
  • can escape ganks with ult
  • strong pushing ability
  • can defend a tower 1v2 or 1v3
  • can set up ganks with w or r
  • squishy
  • susceptible to ccs

Vlad:
  • very strong sustain post-level 7
  • can clear waves very well
  • ult is very useful in team fights
  • can escape/set up ganks with w
  • good burst mid-late game
  • can be quite tanky depending on itemization

Feel free to correct me or add to the list!

Chief Zeno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

i think cassiopeia would win, but it rly comes down to personal skill. Cassiopeia has more harass than badimir

JxC

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLiNtheFACE View Post
i think cassiopeia would win, but it rly comes down to personal skill. Cassiopeia has more harass than badimir
agreed on the skill part, except vlad technically has infinite lane sustain and is hard to gank if he gets pool early. cass is very dependent on your ability with skill shots.

Plague Doctor

02-06-2012

I play both characters as my main mids. Vlad has more survivavlity and can last longer in a lane then cass. Cass only has advantage against vlad if you harass enough with her to stop his feed. Once he gets spell vamp it is hard to dislodge him and his pool can dodge cass's ult. In the long run, I think vlad will win, however, when i play cass against vlad I can normally dislodge him and get a few kills on him and win the lane Vlads tend to be aggressive because of their survibility and this can hurt them when they over extend and not realize how much of their health ticks away every sec. In general, vlad will win unless the player with cass is good enough. A good player behind cass can dominate any mid (Cept for cait on early levels in my opinion)

Snipawolfe

02-06-2012

I played this matchup a few days ago as Cass. I got first blood at level 2. Q+E spam along with a mild tower dive (took a single shot) using flash/ignite equals up to a dead Vladimir.

I'd say it really is player skill dependent. It went back and forth a lot depending on who was playing better at the moment.

Xaranus

02-06-2012

Let's assume that both players are highly skilled.

Saisaith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaranus View Post
Let's assume that both players are highly skilled.
If both players are highly skilled then I doubt either of them would put themselves in a predicament that would allow the other side to take the advantage. It would then be determined on the ganks from the jungler or how the other lanes are doing.

Both champions are used in high competitive play.

I could see this being a great fight.

corallein

02-06-2012

Cassi wins the laning phase. There are few champions that can out-lane a well-played Cassi, and Vlad is a weaker laner than most.

Cassi wins out in all trades by a longshot, farms better, pushes the lane better, and can contribute more in gank attempts.
Vlad... has nothing going for him except a little sustain that won't matter because he'll either be stuck at tower trying to last hit (and getting at most two Q's off per wave), or he'll be getting zoned from the creeps that are in the middle of the lane.
His sustain is insufficient compared to Cassi's raw damage, he has no crazy burst damage or CC to contribute to ganks (pre-6), and his pushing power is insufficient to win through that (in addition that his pushing spell, Tides of Blood, exposes him to Cassi's burst damage).

Mayhaps

02-07-2012

I'm also on the cass wagon on this one, on top of everything thats been said vlad's animations arent very clean so it opens him to taking a lot of easy q's from cass

TheycallmeDeath

02-07-2012

I have played a good amount of games against Cass in mid as Vlad and usually what happens is you dodge skill shots til around level 7-9 and then (if you haven't really given up a kill and have been getting a few minions) you can start to actually push against her and start to actually take the lane.. that's just my experience I've had games where you get killed by some good shots early and she will just eat you at that point you have to play really defensively to start.