Reward Influence with Influence Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

Oh, I'll #@!* that flower up. This is serious.

Bligzar

03-29-2012

Pointless post.

For The Bump

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

problem is the game can't differ between who's playing supports who're suppose to die for ur carries and who's playing the actual carry not to mention people are kinda rude in public games. aside from that i like it

Duhritos

03-30-2012

Here's my input. The idea is nice but it would be abused by people fighting or by being friends. How about give the ability to +ip bonus//vote up members that played well on the other team. And oppositely, if they had the ability to vote down, people would do it just for fun or for their own reasons.

seleleth

03-31-2012

I can only assume you did not read the first post in its entirety.

Spartan9797

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleleth View Post
Reward Influence with Influence Points

Communism doesn't work. Five guys complete a job. One pulls more than his weight. Three pull only their own weight. One is dragged along. All five are rewarded equally. Another job is completed and again an equal reward is distributed. The overachiever begins to wonder why he makes the extra effort. Even the ones pulling their own weight become agitated by the dead beat. Eventually, all five are doing only the minimal amount of effort required to get paid. I guess we should have seen that coming.

Wave the red flag, Riot. You've created a communistic rewards system in the distribution of Influence Points. Among five players of the same team, contribution, attitude, respect, skill, and overall influence can vary greatly. But reward for that influence cannot vary among those players.

Are you a fellow anti-communist? I am.

Duhritos

03-31-2012

I gave my input, I was agreeing with you, except I said give the option to + only to the other team, and give no one the option to - because people would do that for fun. If your going to punish someone, do it via the tribunal... report them and let others decide. No one person should have the ability to punish another player.

InstinctsKill

04-02-2012

This idea is really rather extraordinary. I think the 60-second time limit might have to be raised a bit (in the case of wanted discussion in the post-game chat), but, overall, it's a great idea. I do think the Tribunal should be kept, however. With no way for a team to report the enemy team for cussing and such, it leaves room for a pre-made team to completely troll the other team with no negative consequences. They will obviously not report each other because they queued together. Otherwise, I am in agreement.

InstinctsKill

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhritos View Post
I gave my input, I was agreeing with you, except I said give the option to + only to the other team, and give no one the option to - because people would do that for fun. If your going to punish someone, do it via the tribunal... report them and let others decide. No one person should have the ability to punish another player.
The system that has been proposed would not allow you to + or - the other team, only your own.

InstinctsKill

04-02-2012

Another idea might be to add a rating system from 1-4 post-game and, using only one number each, assign a rating to your teammates (1 being the best, 4 being the worst, or vise versa; you cannot give yourself a rating). Riot sets 15 bonus IP aside to each team. The player with the best score (whether that be the highest or lowest rating) receives 5 IP. The player with the second best score receives 4 IP. So on and so forth.