Reward Influence with Influence Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NerdChieftain

09-09-2012

OK OK.. just lose 10 levels per offence.

bradles

killerwave7

09-21-2012

nice honor, and +1 for the OP's suggestion

killerwave7

09-28-2012

bump

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Amazing post. Hope they take this thread into account when implementing Honor.

Beaumains

10-01-2012

I like the core idea, and some of the specifics, but there are some downsides too. To often I've seen players flame, harass, and even report other players for no other reason than they were doing poorly. How many times have you seen "/all report noob [champ] for feeding" when anyone with eyes can see that either a) they're the tank/support, b) the enemy team is specifically coordinated and focused against them (e.g. the carry), or c) there's some other reason it's obvious they're not intentionally feeding. They're clearly not stacking Boots 5 and running into the enemy base, calling out in allchat "come and get me!" "I'm gonna solo baron now" "Who wants to get fed?!"

Point is, the system as described by the OP can be abused, likely would be, and even if not, is needlessly complicated. I suggest instead that players simply be given the ability to single out allies who perform exemplary, the understanding being that the others were either "neutral" or "negative," and those players who are agreed to be exemplary are simply given an IP boost, after the fact. No time limit, no need to 'steal' IP from others (thus creating potential ragers), and no way to gang up on someone who simply had a bad game. Particularly negative players are already penalized IP through temporary and permanent bans from playing (they get zero for days, weeks, or months on end). Better still, this system would encourage exemplary gameplay, not just 'better than average' gameplay; it could also be (more) easily incorporated into the new Honor system by comparing post-game honor ratings. This would even allow enemies to call out good play without giving them the ability to screw someone over.

killerwave7

10-07-2012

this should be integrated with honor somehow (they probably won't rush into it because there are a lot of pros and cons and potential abuses that need to be worked out first)

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Been away a couple of months. Honor, huh? OK, sure. No rewards? Fail.

Seriously, unless and until there is a tangible reward it will do hardly anything. In fact, it may even motivate trolls further to do their thing--wearing negative ratings as badges of honor. And why not? There's nothing lost, and nothing gained.

Oh, Riot. Why must you be so stubborn? Why do you not simply put your existing reward system of influence points to work to solve the single greatest issue with your otherwise excellent game?

This is not nearly enough to bring me and others disillusioned players like me back.

killerwave7

11-13-2012

bump

Psymøn

11-25-2012

+1 to this great idea!

I'm sitting here, pretending to be a troll and trying to think of the best way i can abuse this system to maximise my IP while still being a jerk, and it's definitely difficult! I don't think there is actually any way to directly affect your own IP with voting up or down the others - it all depends on them. You simply have to show good sportsmanship and not be a prude, and your peers will thank you for it.

Thankfully this applies to partially premade teams as well. Even though they are their own team, they are required to co-operate with the rest of their team since they are not allowed to vote, they can only have their IP gain increased or decreased based on those not in their premade. If they want to be pricks, they can be, but suffer a decrease in their IP gain as a result. And they can't downvote the players outside their party as any retaliation - they can't benefit from their bad behaviour at all.

That's the greatest thing I love about this proposed system. There is no benefit from behaving badly whatsoever, only be impacted by the game itself. Indeed, being "reported' is hardly a threat anymore. I am just laughed at whenever I threaten to report a player. With this system, I can threaten their bad behaviour with something that actually affects them.

Thank your parents for bringing you into this world, OP. Without you, this idea may never exist, and there'd be no possibility that it could be implemented at all.

Saying that - RIOT, Y U SO QUIET?!