Reward Influence with Influence Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vortical42

08-21-2012

Bump.

Great idea. I had a game last night where one of our players got mad and decided to feed. Our top lane stayed positive and encouraged the rest of us to keep fighting. We lost in the end, but he turned what should have been a miserable 'surrender at 20' into a fun and competitive match. I really don't care so much about punishing the feeder (I'd say failing at his trolling while the rest of us had fun was punishment enough) but I really would have loved to be able to reward the other guy with more than a 'GG'.

vortical42

08-21-2012

Also, if the OP is still around, you may want to try putting this thread up on 'general discussion'. That seems to be the only place Riot actually responds to threads.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Oh, I'm still here. It's Riot who's missing. Anyway, I see no reason to believe another forum would change anything. Riot knows this one's here, they created it asking for feedback, and there isn't a better fit given the topic.

The Best Olaf NA

08-25-2012

Im a little iffy about this, it sounds you know good on paper until trolls get ahold of this. First and foremost that fact that you don't count arranged team is kinda bs. I see why you don't but then whats the point of this if you can't be rewarded like its bs do arranged teams because what if they actually do good. That aside, i don't think you should be able to lose such a significant amount of ip, it should be minor seeing as vote for or against others isn't mandatory. Considering how much ip you need to save up for 6300 champs and you only get 30 ip for your 45 minute game thats very bad i get more ip in dominion. Whats to stop people from abusing this system and downvoting the whole team but themselves? The way you vote in itself has no direction. For example tribunal punish or pardon are both flexible in their meaning to the player however riot has certain things that when you vote you abide by so its not as open as it seems. Tribunal only effects like the top 10 percent worst players ever. Think about that when you're in tribunal or trying to say its not working. Showing who voted what is not a good thing, because the effected player can spam and basically abuse the player who downvoted them. Why would you give yourself more ip for downvoting others, that means that you downvote just to get more ip. i'd downvote my whole team if i got 28 more ip per game. Overall though my post doesn't show it I do like the idea but These implementations could easily be abused.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Hi unfitg0d0fwar. I know there's a lot to read, but every one of your concerns is addressed in the first post. And if you're disappointed about the proposal that arranged team members can't vote, well, that's how things are now... for everyone. So while this doesn't solve every scenario, it does solve the most critical ones (solo queueing), and doesn't harm the others.

Also, if you downvote others it has no effect on your own IP. Anyway, you may want to review even just the first post for more details, or just take my word for it.

Dunno why I'm even arguing this moot point. The real issue isn't good or bad ideas, but that we're proposing them to a wall.

Grievouss

09-01-2012

I full heartedly endorse this system. And I say this mostly to get that extra bump in there. Shame on you Riot for ignoring this thread for so long.

zackslice

09-02-2012

Riot Hire This Man! haha this would help reduce flammers and make the player community more friendly as well! you sir have the greatest idea ever

seleleth

09-09-2012

Thanks for the bumps and support.

Here's an idea: Let's move this entire thread to another game developer's website and ask, "Wouldn't YOU respond to something which has generated so much overwhelmingly positive support from the community which supports your game?" Then after they respond affirmitively, we can return here and flaunt it before Riot's eyes. Maybe this would work, as Riot seems so motivated to prove themselves amongst the big boys, and bases whether or not they will implement any new features on whether or not other companies have done so.

Case in point: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...11780#14211780

NerdChieftain

09-09-2012

This is a good suggestion.

It deals will behavior immediately in the short term.

I also would like to see something deal in the long term as well.

I would also like to see something like a friendliness stat that as you play nice, others rank you and you get more friendliness.

Partial correlations analysis can identify those who are consistently rating wrong, presumably intentionally. They could be dealt with.

Let's postulate this as a "reputation score", negative you are a bad egg, positive good, and 0 is where you start. You can only be paired with people within say 100 pts of you, so once you get past 100, no new players and no more trolls. (Note that 100 is completely arbitrary.)

I believe that my suggestion of "reputation" could be included in yours: just keep track of 1-2-3 ratings over time.

NerdChieftain

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleleth View Post
Here's an idea: Let's move this entire thread to another game developer's website and ask, "
I think you could be helped with some perspective on how much effort is involved in making a change like this. It's a huge programming undertaking. So it is not realistic to expect them to simply make a change to try it out as it were....

But, I think this thread does warrant a response from Riot. Companies have to be very cautious what they say publicly, but I say this has earned at least a response.

There may be other ways to address the issues, such as harsher or more public tribunal punishments, or by letting complaint filers know the tribunal punishments.

I may be venturing off topic but isnt this tribunal system inspired by other game companies that tried to clean up a game? I wonder why that system was successful and this one was not. It might be a simple tweak. Like resetting people to level 1 for every offence. Oh now that would suck.