Reward Influence with Influence Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

supister

08-01-2012

In ranked play, or for players with IRL jobs (thus not needing IP), the IP punishment proposed is hardly effective. I'd suggest in addition, it should be connected to the amount of ELO that is gained or lost.

However, it would be easy to game either proposal. You simply have to /w to a few other players and agree to vote a certain way. This is what happened in my uni classes that had a peer review component. Classmates just chatted amongst each other and downvoted people to boost their own grades.

Sevarios

08-01-2012

I didn't read this suggestion until someone brought it to my attention, but it comes from the same line of thought as my suggestion here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2404330

To be clear, I would be so happy if either suggestion was followed. An instant voted reward would make a big improvement to behaviour in games.

The main differences between the proposed systems are:

1. In my system, each losing team member makes one optional positive vote, which is a lot easier to do and manage than 4 votes which can be positive or negative.

2. I think that allowing the winning team to vote for rewards is unnecessary (winning teams are generally amicable) and potentially open to abuse/wrongdoing. There are many matches where you know you have had a huge influence through sacrificing yourself to prevent the carry dying or warding or calling off a baron attempt because you know smite is down on the jungler, but your team is way too dumb to know this. If you get the minimal reward as a result, this is a *punishment*, which should not happen.

Basically, if only one person gets a reward, the others won't be too miffed. But when the reward is doled out as suggested here, then even winners can feel hard done by, which is not what we want, right?

3. I make the additional suggestion that (mutual?) positive ratings should indicate potential friend list additions. Seems reasonable, and it's more fun to find new players to play with.

4. I suggest that ELO will be far bigger motivator in ranked, but that could easily be incorporated here.

Rock Candy

08-02-2012

yes

Night Mayor

08-04-2012

Bump

niffuM dutS

08-04-2012

100th plus vote =D

Really good idea. I hope riot implements this. It will dramatically reduce the number of trolls, and increase the "fun" of playing lol.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Sat on it several days. About 10 more + votes. Few more posts. No Riot.

Lv 99 Rl0TEN

08-11-2012

Really hope Riot gets on this soon. Great way to give players IP fairly rather than have a bad player get the same amount when all they did was spam wards on the base. BUMP- + INFINITY!

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

FYI Riot, I've spent about $300 on other games to occupy my time since I left LoL due to your blatant disregard for the community which supports you.

bradles

08-20-2012

Insert angry words at riot here: _________________. Insert happy words at seleleth here: _________________________________________.

Billenstein

08-20-2012

Too many pages to search through to see if this has been posted, but the time that i spent playing star wars the old republic was enjoyable in part because of the reward system in their pvp battlegrounds. Full statistics were supplied at the end of the game about damage done, kills made, assists made, damage healed, damage shielded/absorbed, and players could vote for a MVP, who got slightly more rewards.

Many times the mvp was a really good healer, or a pro tank who saved many players, not just the dps who got the most kills... this was a huge change from most pvp systems that only reward the pewpew.

I agree with the OP about arranged teams though, too easy to game the system, this should only be for solo/duo queue.