Veiger Fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2009

I hate veigar with a passion, but I agree with this change. His passive is awkward and a little ridiculous in it's current state just because of how rarely you will see anybody use it.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're proposing changing his passive to "If veigar lands a kill he gains xx AP" and just making his Q skill a temporary nerf to casters?

It might be worth it to consider making it so he gains a stacking AP bonus everytime he casts a spell. The bonus would have to fall off after a short while to prop up the idea of comboing, but not so long that you blow your load and it falls off before the cd is up.

pandamine

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

Yeah that can also work, honestly he needs a reliable method to boost his AP (since thats how the champion is designed) and currently that's not happening

And yes you understood correctly, if what you mean by temporary nerf to casters I mean it has the same effect as the current passive (drains AP)

Kimmy Gibler

07-26-2009

I disagree, I've played a few games with him since reading this post and have boosted his ap past 200 each time. It takes timing with his nuke, and I bought the philosopher's stone to start off. His ultimate is ridiculous when you get his ap high.

pandamine

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

Its your imagniation

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

Those ideas aren't terrible, and would tweak the 'Veigar doesn't get enough AP from Q' and the 'Veigar's skillset suggests you shouldn't get killing blow with R, but rather with Q'

But it wouldn't fix him on the whole, because there are still a few more issues regarding his role.

His Ultimate has two effects aside from straight nuke, one that deals damage equal to 25% of the target's mana, and one that replenishes his mana if he gets a kill with his Ultimate.

• The addition of damage equal to mana doesn't help a lot in the current method of the game. Most casters will sit around with 900 Mana mid-game and not stack mana items. That only gives 225 damage extra against a caster, which, sure, it's a big help, but it's not going to win him any fights.
  • The first +Mana item most casters buy is Rod of Ages. Any additional damage his Ultimate would do is entirely negated by the bonus health given by this item.
  • The mana drain portion is not a good benefit for him. Most players will go for Mejai's Soulstealer rather early. This item already has a mana drain mechanic to it, making the additional effect to his ultimate negligent anywhere other than at the tail end of the early game.

So if anything needs changing, I think the Ultimate really needs a change.

Zeta

07-26-2009

Quote:
er skill

Proposed change
Swap the mechanics of his passive and the side effect Q so it works like this
Q skill
Every time you cast Q skill on an enemy champion, you steal AP for an X amount of time (can even by something high like 15 AP on level 5)
Passive
Every time you kill a creep, you get 0.5AP, and for a champion you get 3 AP
Yes, please. You shouldn't have to farm creeps with your weakest skill for 20 minutes AND hope you get killing blows with a single skill each time to get a decent character.

The Flying Dutchman

07-26-2009

Yeah, I was curious as to what the point if the AP steal on his first move accualy was. It was practically un-noticeable. Any the fact that the move you steal AP with isn't your ult, makes it in unlikely that you will get a killing blow with it.

Maybe make his little gate thing, steal 20 AP from any player caught in for likre10 secs. And I find his rock drop move pretty useless since everyone just moves out of the way even when you stun them first. Maybe add a silence to it since he's supposed to be an anti-caster. and his ult def needs an AP steal of some variety since that's what your going to do most of your killing with.

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

His Ultimate could potentially take (x)% of the target's AP and reduce that from the target's Magic Resist in order to improve the damage it does to the target in order to ensure it damages casters the most heavily.

khargon

07-26-2009

imo for him to be an anti caster it would be nice to see a silence on him instead of maybe his stun? i mean sure stun is great but a longer duration silence may be better and put him into a more anti-caster like role.

Zeta

07-26-2009

Yeah, for an anti-caster, only his Ultimate actually works towards that effect and Ryze can still own him easily.