The new Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337Archer

02-04-2012

So I mainly jungle, and I have to say that with the new jungle, its becoming more and more clear that jungling will always lag in regards to laning.

Over and over again I am noticing that I will always be lower level then the rest of my team, which is not beneficial towards teamfighting.

The only way to be viable is to have succesfull ganks to get that bit extra exp that is neccesary to stay at the same level average as the team.

Now not always are ganks succesfull which means that you lose time jungling = lost/lagging exp.

I would like to know from the Reds if the jungle will get an exp buff, or at least give us an explenation on why the exp is so much behind the laningphase. it just does not make sense to me to let a jungler fall behind the avg. level curve.

Radinferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

i'm a jungler for my team, and even if i'm not ganking, i stay on par with at least the double lane. generally i'm still leveling before they do, so don't know what you're talking about

1337Archer

02-04-2012

true, to a certain extent. I also stay on par with the duo lane, until a certain stage in game. then I stay on par with the support. only in late game I get back on track due to teamfights. But still the others are already 18 when im 15/16ish.

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

The reduced XP has been done deliberately by Riot to make the Jungler Gank, therefore increasing the activity in the early game, making the game less of a farm fest. I jungle more than any other role, and normally 4in5 ganks are successful. Always pay attention to the enemy lanes, gank the lanes that are about half HP, buy oracles to scout out their wards, counter jungle, and literally always have a presence in lane.

Just by having a presence, means that the enemy team may not get those extra last hits, and even if you don't successfully gank, you need to make sure that they have to port back. Keep the enemy out of the game, and you wont be under leveled.

M4ck th3 Kn1fe

02-12-2012

The only issue I run into with the new jungle is how the monsters return to camp and health regen so quickly. I just played a game where Lux leashed blue for me with a spell or two. I jumped in on the ancient golem right away (as Skarner), taking him down to a little over half health. As Lux ran to mid, the ancient golem completely ignored me, returned to camp, regenerated to full health, then beat my crystal behind.

I understand the need for the regen, but something needs to be done about their awareness. I was actively attacking the golem for the entire waltz to the grass patch and back and it didn't do a thing to me until it went back home and had full health.