Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Use Movement Prediction" - What is it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nzo

07-22-2010

Title says it all.. can't find it anywhere on the website or through forums search.

Featherhat

07-22-2010

Yeah, what is this? I've wondered the same thing.

hohums

Software Engineer

07-22-2010

Essentially it hides lag... or tries to make your client more accurate to what is occurring on the server at that moment. It is experimental and may not work well for all connection speeds. We may force it to on once we have all the issues figured out.

grandim

07-23-2010

Would you recommend it on fast or slow connection speed at the moment?

Hsanrb

07-23-2010

oh boy, now I'm really really really mad I didn't look and see this. I've been wiffing (sp?) my attacks with Ryze for about two weeks now... but this morning I got mad when my flux did something I TOLD IT NOT TO. I told it to bounce off one of those cannon minions, and the first shot went to the wrong target about 1/3r away (if you compared the target I selected to the target the flux first hit, you'd get roughly 1/3r of the target ring gap. Maybe 1-1.25 fingers width difference real world distance for my full screened game.)

Was this a new feature or was this before S1, since thats when my issues started.

PardonMySwag

07-23-2010

I'm pretty sure I saw it before.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-23-2010

Quote:
Hsanrb:
Was this a new feature or was this before S1, since thats when my issues started.

This has been around since before Season 1. It's also a setting option, so you can turn it on or off at will if you think it's helping/hurting your gameplay.

Hsanrb

07-23-2010

Quote:
Aregionius:
This has been around since before Season 1. It's also a setting option, so you can turn it on or off at will if you think it's helping/hurting your gameplay.

I never looked at the options for season 1, so I wouldn't know if it was on/off or toggleable. Back then I just massed games for win of the day when it was xp/ip with Soraka. I know it was used in quake 3/live for things like hit detection prediciton and stuff and you would have to turn them off, but I'll have to experiment if I need this on or off.

Pyraximus Elite

Recruiter

12-05-2011

haven't had any game-changing moments with it, but i hate when u juke a skillshot from an enemy, and the movement prediction said that it hit anyway. it happened to me as sivir where i ulted to avoid a amumu skillshot stun, but though it clearly missed i was stunned. a miss is a miss, and if the game really thinks its because of lag then the amumu needs a better computer

FallenBlade

07-10-2013

Quote:
hohums:
Essentially it hides lag... or tries to make your client more accurate to what is occurring on the server at that moment. It is experimental and may not work well for all connection speeds. We may force it to on once we have all the issues figured out.

This must be a huge necro but are you guys still working on this?