Why is Rammus considered OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whi

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultime View Post
rammus can be a major liability to the team early - mid game vs competant people, hes only very strong end game when he have his items

with a rather weak team combination ( lack of range, ap, ad or overal dmg, or too easy to kill teamate), rammus will be very useless early game for that team

ist all depend on your team make up and the enemy team make if rammus is good or not in a match

at 2000 + elo games , im sorry but rammus aint op, and many people start to see that, because people use balanced team with other strong champs and until he get his item mid / end game, he can have a major hard time depending on both team make up
my elo is above 2k still rammus is op.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Too tanky and mobile. Can hold points very well and get to any place that needs help or is vulnerable extremely fast.

Also by the time you get to top he's already got it half capped and if the team manages to finish capping he can back and return at full hp in a very short amount of time.

Mamichan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

I'm trying to think of any way to counter rammus, and honestly there is none. I guess QSS is a semi-counter, but it really won't stop him from getting to any point FASTER than you can. Also he can taunt way more than you can use QSS.
I'd consider mobility possibly the most important attribute in dominion, although it's debatable.

crujuco

02-06-2012

The most important thing as to why rammus is OP is because AD champs are so popular. So often do people forget about blanced team and go 3-4 AD champs.

Rammus counters AD champs hard. If AP stacked champs were more common There would be alot less 'Rammus OP threads'

Draydan

02-07-2012

Rammus is considered OP bc he has everything that champion needs for Dominion and also fill multiple roles.

larkhill

02-07-2012

his tankiness is definitely good, but u can still blow him up with true dmg or AP dmg. he's simply too mobile. he's a lot like the pre-nerf jungle eve on SR. u either play really defensive or u get ganked and backdoored all game. its simply no fun.

MMKH

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Poppy has less mobility, disables far less effectively, and is far less tanky
Actually, a Poppy who stacks zeals/tri force/phantom dancers is consistently faster and a lot more annoying to deal with IMO as I realized during a match last night for NESL.

EMeta

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
Actually, a Poppy who stacks zeals/tri force/phantom dancers is consistently faster and a lot more annoying to deal with IMO as I realized during a match last night for NESL.
Yeah, but she has to give up something for that speed. I'm not saying that she's not in the top choices for a ban, but at she doesn't get it all for free.

But either of them could be fixed with a simple dominion change:

Add another speed limit tier. Currently (per the wikia):

"When the raw movement speed is greater than 415, there are two soft caps applied:

The raw speed between 415 and 490 gets multiplied by 80%.
The raw speed over 490 gets multiplied by 50%."

That means that you only get to 500 MS when you have a raw of 540, 550 MS at raw 640.

I propose that you fix that by adding another soft cap at 540, and raw speed above that gets hit by 75%. (So at 640 you'll get 525, at 740 you get 550, etc.).

Thoughts?