Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Rammus considered OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

02-04-2012

The major problem with rammus, imo, is his speed in combination of his badassery (technical term). If you're against a good rammus, he's decapping an undefended point. If you send a roamer go to defend that point, he's at a contested point faster than the defender is likely to get there (making it an asymmetric fight).

I think, in the hands of someone who is smart vs. teams that are average, rammus is OP. The higher ELO people have the strategy and the counterpick know-how (or ban know-how) to deal with him.

crujuco

02-05-2012

Rammus was my favourite champ in SR. So I used him in Dom. I distinctly remember 1 game where I used rammus and got called out so next game I played my next fav tank Galio. Game loaded I see that I am up against a five man AD team. I proceeded to get torn to pieces.

Had I used Rammus again, instant win while other team screams OP while picking nothing but AD carries.

Notorious Reed

02-05-2012

First off, if Rammus taunts you, you die. His taunt is imba and it's very easy to initiate with it. Second off, he can build an easy thornmail and have oodles and oodles of damage. He also has his powerball, which allows him to easily run away from enemies when needed to, or catch up. It's too easy for tanky AD champs to build armor and completely make enemy AD champs useless against them. It's too hard to counter Armor, ESPECIALLY a thornmail.

AlexDurquiza

02-05-2012

but why he is a disruptor?..is the best tank in the game..and sejuani was something like "better" .-. sejuani can't kill much...or taunt...only slow...f uck..rammus can kill..taunt..stun..run..have much def..wtf..

Yaladilae

02-06-2012

He is the only champ that can win windmil with your team dead, then gank bot, and then come back up top before your team respawns and arrive to fight at top again

So yes, it's his speed that's the issue, and it's not 100% un-counterable, just very small counters around you can choose. Teemo for example is perfect

His taunt and thronemail do cause problem, but its easily countered:
Taunt = QSS / Tenacity / Ranged (avoid him getting close to you)
Thronemail = MR / Lifesteal

Similar to Yorick and Kass which is v.hard to counter champ (esp. when your elo is not high and you don't know what to do) since they also do not have much effective counterpicks around

Draydan

02-06-2012

Rammus has:
1) one of beest speed boost.
2) 3 forms of CC
3) one of best AR+MR shields
4) one of best ulties (bc of its dmg and universality)
5) very good damage while building pure tank.

No reason to consider him OP!

I suppose the problem here is that his shield doesnt let AP carries hurt him.
While he can unleash his ulti on enemies while they are slowed by his Q and then continue to hurt one of them for 3 seconds of taunt.

Whi

02-06-2012

He has super high mobility/CC/dmg thats why

Redenbacher

02-06-2012

Quote:
Ensign:
Rammus *can* gank effectively, and *can* backdoor - and sometimes that's exactly how you want to play him (and when I'm goofing off, that's exactly how I play him - Infinity Edge + Thornmail Rammus kills the hell out of people). But he's not a stand-out in these roles - certainly not in the way Shaco and Kassadin are.

What Rammus excels at is locking in advantages. It's not so much that he can backdoor, as he makes it next to impossible to backdoor; it's not his ganks, as much as his counter-ganks. Rammus can sit on a speed shrine and get to pretty much any point under pressure before you can take it; once he's there, you're going to have a hell of a time kicking him off the point, or if you're trying to gank, his taunt buys more than enough time for whoever you're trying to gank to escape.

In short - if Rammus' team caps windmill, you'll have a hell of a time forcing the 2v1s, 4v3s, and the like that you need to regain the advantage. If you try to push windmill, he'll be there; if you try to gank bottom, he'll be there to support; if you try to backdoor the mid point, he'll punch you in the back and stall until his team arrives.

This is, hands down, THE best explanation I have yet to see. Thank you.

Ultime

Recruiter

02-06-2012

rammus can be a major liability to the team early - mid game vs competant people, hes only very strong end game when he have his items

with a rather weak team combination ( lack of range, ap, ad or overal dmg, or too easy to kill teamate), rammus will be very useless early game for that team

ist all depend on your team make up and the enemy team make if rammus is good or not in a match

at 2000 + elo games , im sorry but rammus aint op, and many people start to see that, because people use balanced team with other strong champs and until he get his item mid / end game, he can have a major hard time depending on both team make up

MrEnglish22

02-06-2012

Rammus is just solid, and you have to counter him or lose. That's why he gets banned a lot.

But he isn't OP.