Why is Rammus considered OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Mobility, tankyness and distruption. You have to play completely different just to counter ONE champ.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

I'm pretty sure Poppy does everything that rammus does early game, but can also two shot people.

RealWolf M

02-03-2012

Poppy has less mobility, disables far less effectively, and is far less tanky

Stimuz

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I'm pretty sure Poppy does everything that rammus does early game, but can also two shot people.
Pretty sure nothing else has a 3 second cc. Oh, forgot fiddles.

Ensign

02-04-2012

Rammus *can* gank effectively, and *can* backdoor - and sometimes that's exactly how you want to play him (and when I'm goofing off, that's exactly how I play him - Infinity Edge + Thornmail Rammus kills the hell out of people). But he's not a stand-out in these roles - certainly not in the way Shaco and Kassadin are.

What Rammus excels at is locking in advantages. It's not so much that he can backdoor, as he makes it next to impossible to backdoor; it's not his ganks, as much as his counter-ganks. Rammus can sit on a speed shrine and get to pretty much any point under pressure before you can take it; once he's there, you're going to have a hell of a time kicking him off the point, or if you're trying to gank, his taunt buys more than enough time for whoever you're trying to gank to escape.

In short - if Rammus' team caps windmill, you'll have a hell of a time forcing the 2v1s, 4v3s, and the like that you need to regain the advantage. If you try to push windmill, he'll be there; if you try to gank bottom, he'll be there to support; if you try to backdoor the mid point, he'll punch you in the back and stall until his team arrives.

Xanthic

02-04-2012

- High mobility: Backcaps like a pro, can gank lanes and cover points very efficiently
- Tank: Can easily defend a point vs 2 or more enemies.
- Damage: Can easily take out the ad carry from a team fight with just taunt
- Bonus: Has an AoE damage skill that can clear big waves of minions or for camping in the middle of team fights

Hugs From Momma

02-04-2012

Huge mobility and good amounts of damage while building entirely tanky. His taunt removes a threat from combat for 3 seconds.

Look at the damage recaps at the end of a game, you'll see Rammus doing 60-80% of what an assassin or tanky DPS can manage (sometimes more). That plus the ability to retreat from a fight and gank the other side of the map in seconds makes him by far the biggest threat in Dominion.

Stats for reference:

http://www.leagueofstats.com/champio.../all/lastWeek/

Xavderion

02-04-2012

61% win ratio, pretty ridiculous. Luckily, most Rammi I face (if I rarely play blind pick) are playing him because he's op, so they are not actually good with him. That's why I manage to win fairly often vs a Rammus.

Fulgr1m

02-04-2012

For me it's not so much that he's op as it is he's annoying to play against. Especially in solo queue a good Rammus can be such a pain to deal with, seeing him BD and gank an unaware bot lane. But in an arranged team he's pretty easy to deal with.

umadbrudda